Dynamat is my best frienD!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dynamat is my best frienD! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i finally got around to taking my rear deck out and putting some dynmat in. today was my day ...

Dynamat is my best frienD!

so i finally got around to taking my rear deck out and putting some dynmat in. today was my day off and i thoght i would try and do it. i got a hold of some dynmat extreme . because my subs were makign the rear deck vibrate too much probably because of the bass.. but basically i took out my back seat pastic rear pillars and everythign it looked like someone stole my back seats. but i got the rear deck and it wasnt as bad as i thought. but over all its was easy but took time and there was no place to sit comfortable. but man it took a lot of the vibartion away i think i want another lay though ... i forgot to take some pictures but i will probably pick up some more dynamat and take some more pictures... over all took me about 1 hour and 3 mins. took my time..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't bother laying any more dynamat in there. Instead, get some thin foam or carpet padding and stuff that in there (you don't even need to take anything apart to do it). What your experiencing is just things rattling against each other which is something that you can solve using things cheaper than dynamat!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

yeah there are tons of stuff cheaper then dynamat but im reg at the audio shop i get REALLy good deal on everything.. im laying down a layer of dynamat first then this spray on foam that doesn expand on next ... esp for the trunk ...

I Support ClubWRX
    All I'm saying is that dynamat isn't what you need in this instance. Dynamat is design to deaden metal so that it doesn't vibrate. All you need is to keep things from rattling together. To do that all you need is to stuff some stuff in there to keep it from rattling. I'm all about going above and beyond, but sometimes it's neither cost nor time effective to do so. The only part of the rear deck that should get dynamat is the metal part. The rest just needs to get stuff with a little foam or padding and you'll have results that are equal at a much lower cost...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

oh yeah thats all i did .. was the metal part of the rear deck.. im ading foam after wards.. but for my dorrs im doing dynamta and spary on foam.. and the trunk the same.. and it doesnt make it allt hat heavy .. but reason also why im doing this is for sounds and it makes the dorrs harder so if a rock flys up it dont dent it.. but i do see what your are sayign and thank you

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok cool. I've seen some people go dynamat crazy and put it on fabric and stuff. I use sound deadener all over my doors and trunk along with volara foam in the trunk, rear wheel well, and under the back seat to keep road noise out. I'm planning on doing the floor pan in the same way
    The best part is my doors don't feel like they're made of tin anymore
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

cool mean
    yeah im a audio freak.. i hate how much road noise i hear but then i dont hear most of the time because i have my windows down listening to music.. but my dorrs will probably have a lot of dynamat .. the door skin and shell.. one layer of extreem and one layer of orinal behind the speaker.. then foam ... but thanx man..

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Ok cool. I've seen some people go dynamat crazy and put it on fabric and stuff. I use sound deadener all over my doors and trunk along with volara foam in the trunk, rear wheel well, and under the back seat to keep road noise out. I'm planning on doing the floor pan in the same way
    The best part is my doors don't feel like they're made of tin anymore
    What kind of sound deadener are you using? Is it the spray tar-like stuff or a dynamat knock-off?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunks
    What kind of sound deadener are you using? Is it the spray tar-like stuff or a dynamat knock-off?
    Raammat and BrownBread. They apply the same as dynamat, but I've found both to work better than dynamat.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

im using dynamat extreme.. i leikt it i have tried tohers and non have compared to it.. but i will be using xtreme and orinal and im thinking this other stuff but tis kinda of expensive

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.