Need help with dash...

This is a discussion on Need help with dash... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok guys, my neighbor is mixing me up some sedona red for my WRX to paint the dash. I can ...

Need help with dash...

Ok guys, my neighbor is mixing me up some sedona red for my WRX to paint the dash. I can get that main piece out, and the cup holder, and the part that goes around the driver's gauge cluster. But, I need help with the silver rings around the side vents, the plastic silver piece Next to the cup holder where most people mount small turbo timers, and lastly the silver piece that goes around the center vents...that's it and it's for an 02 WRX...your help is greatly appreciated and the paint comes soon thanks,

Johnny

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Vent trim rings= Be CAREFUL, they are just held in w/ wicked small clips molded onto them. I broke a few on each one but they still hold perfectly fine. Just pry gently on one side. They hook behind the dash pad.

The plastic piece (turbo timer spot) is molded to the rest of the center top part. After you get the bottom and the cup holder out, pry the vents out (stick a flat blade screwdriver between the vent and the housing and pry inwards) and IIRC there is a screw or 2 in the top or bottom??? It's been awhile, someone correct me or not. That should be it, this was done on my 03, but I believe they are setup the same.
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift