Random, but interesting sedan rear seat modification question...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Random, but interesting sedan rear seat modification question... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I love having the AGX adjustable struts in all four corners. The fronts, as we all know, are super easy ...

Random, but interesting sedan rear seat modification question...

I love having the AGX adjustable struts in all four corners. The fronts, as we all know, are super easy to adjust. The rears, however, involve taking the rear seat out to adjust them. I was wondering if anyone had ever thought to modify the top of the rear seats on either side in such a fashon that you wouldn't have to take the seat out for strut adjustment. I usually run the AGX's on the 3rd setting, but for when you have chicks in the car they don't appreciate the bumpy ride. Anyone have any insight to this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe you could epoxy an extender to the adjuster, and feed that up between the seat and the rear firewall. Then put a little knob on the top. I'm picturing a wing adjustment handle-type thingy here. I can't remember if the strut tops are offset too far for this to work, though. A flex adapter would probably make it workable, now that I think about it.

If you were super-duper clever, you'd find a way to put a stepper motor or something on the strut top, and have it adjustable from the driver's seat. Voila, el-cheapo Tein EDFC!

I was thinking about putting in something like a dzus fastener for the seat bolts, actually. Not removing the seat at all would obviously be the best way by far, but this wouldn't require any real fabrication.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

I read on here somewhere....

When you put the rear seat back in there are three metal bars that get hooked onto the unibody. Tape the two outer ones so they don't rattle and then just hook the center one. When you want to adjust the rears just pull back the seat on the corners so you can gain access to the adjustments.

I tried this and it seemed like I was going to rip the seat apart so I decided to not go this route. You might want to try it and see what you think. The only time I ever change the settings are at track days so I just deal with removing the seat.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.