Help with stereo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help with stereo within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, My friend just bought an '06 WRX and wants to put in a new stereo. I'm putting in ...

Registered User MMNineInchNails's Avatar

Help with stereo

Hey guys,

My friend just bought an '06 WRX and wants to put in a new stereo. I'm putting in an Alpine head unit for her and was wondering if there were any factory external amps in the car that need to be bypassed or anything? I haven't even looked at it yet so I don't even know who makes the stereo. Also, is it going to be a ***** getting the stock head unit out? Does the consol that holds the head unit come out or what? I tried doing a short search, but didn't find much of anything that would help me. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the 06 is like the 05 interior, then this how-to will help. http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5537

I don't know about any factory amps for the standard stereo. I didn't run into any problems installing my Pioneer head unit. Just make sure that you hook up power to the "power antenna" lead from the head unit. The rear window antenna has an amplifier that needs 12 volt power, otherwise the radio reception will be non-existent.

Random fact: I drove to Laramie, WY once from Boulder, CO to pick up lift springs for my 89 Jeep Wrangler.
    Last edited by Darrell; 11-15-2005 at 08:08 PM.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.