Autometer Boost Gauge Qs (no luck in search)

This is a discussion on Autometer Boost Gauge Qs (no luck in search) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I know I want the boost/vac combo gauge, but I would like to hear opinions on: - 20 PSI ...

Autometer Boost Gauge Qs (no luck in search)

So, I know I want the boost/vac combo gauge, but I would like to hear opinions on:

- 20 PSI or 30 PSI. Not planning on monster boost, but want to know what some of you think.

- Colors. White, black, silver, indiglo? I have no clue - which looks best with the stock gauge pod?

- Best prices? Nopi? Summit? Group Buy?

Thanks,

Jimbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

PNG
    The 20psi unit will be easier to read than the 30...

Re: Autometer Boost Gauge Qs (no luck in search)

Originally posted by Jimbo
    So, I know I want the boost/vac combo gauge, but I would like to hear opinions on:

- 20 PSI or 30 PSI. Not planning on monster boost, but want to know what some of you think.

- Colors. White, black, silver, indiglo? I have no clue - which looks best with the stock gauge pod?

- Best prices? Nopi? Summit? Group Buy?

Thanks,

Jimbo
    all those questions are really what ur personal opinion u want them to be. summit has sweet prices and they get here crazy fast i got my stuff from summit. if ur going to get white face guages cluster guages go white face if not get CF or just the plain black.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Unless you're going BIG turbo - I don't think you're going to see anything approaching psi. The 30psi gauge makes it harder to read accurately in the smaller boost range as well. Go 20psi.

Color is personal preference - but I like my VDO gauge because it matches the stock lighting/look so well.

I got a good price at www.summitracing.com...

edited: link
    Last edited by is2scooby; 11-03-2002 at 04:33 PM.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Unless you're going BIG turbo - I don't think you're going to see anything approaching psi. The 30psi gauge makes it harder to read accurately in the smaller boost range as well. Go 20psi.

Color is personal preference - but I like my VDO gauge because it matches the stock lighting/look so well.

I got a good price at www.summit.com...

link doesnt work

Doh!

www.summitracing.com

My bad...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Summit has great prices and ships things super fast with great customer service. Ordered the Autometer gauges yesterday (Sunday) and the parts will be at my door by Wednesday, using ground shipping. I went with the Z series for price, they looked easier to read and I loved the silver ring around them. My 2 cents
    It's not a damn beanbag!

I got the 30psi from Summitt (no 20psi version in stock). It's not hard to read really, but the 20 might be easier. I went with the Sport-Comp series, their black faced, with a silver bezel that matches the silver interior trim pretty much perfectly.

If you have the skrilla (aka money), there's a new autometer 30psi electric gauge that has peak and playback ability... for $200.

Here's a (crappy) pic of my SportComps (boost and EGT, in an autometer A-pillar pod)... I've also got oil temp, pressure and a clock in the stock center pod.

--Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a-pillar_pod_3.jpg  

You can also get them cheap at www.jegs.com
    2oo2 WRX Sdn
    'less is more'

I went with the Ultralite (silver) 20psi. Lights up green like stock, or I can change my bulb condom and make it light up red.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.