4 inch speakers in the rear or amp stock speakers?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 4 inch speakers in the rear or amp stock speakers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I'm going to be getting some Polk db6500 (6.5") components for the front doors. I was going to get ...

4 inch speakers in the rear or amp stock speakers?

Hi,

I'm going to be getting some Polk db6500 (6.5") components for the front doors. I was going to get some db525s in the rear, but the speaker cutout diameter is too large to fit without cutting.

So would it be worth it to get some Polk db400s powered by an amp, or should I just power the stock speakers with an amp? I can get the db400s for about $55 shipped new.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go Here: https://w109.webminders.com/iaperfor...ctionNumber=71

Buy the rear adapters. I have Polk Db525's in my rear doors and they fit fine using these adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXNavigation
    Go Here: https://w109.webminders.com/iaperfor...ctionNumber=71

Buy the rear adapters. I have Polk Db525's in my rear doors and they fit fine using these adapters.
    I was planning on getting those spacer, but a guy from IAP told me the largest cutout diameter of a speaker that would fit is 4.61", or else you would have to cut. And the db525s have a 4.66" cutout.

Also, I have heard of people having trouble getting the stock grille back due to fitment issues over the tweeter.

If the db525s would fit with just those spacers, I would even think twice about getting them.

Anyone else have any input on if the db525s will fit, or if it would be worth it to get the db400s (4")?

Well, take it for what it is worth but I just put dB 650s in the front doors and dB 525s in the rear doors on my 05 this past weekend. The rears were tight and I had to redrill the adapters to make the holes line up. but the adapters weren't drilled correctly anyway so that was no big deal. The fronts needed re-drilling of adapters too because the mounting holes on the polk speakers are closer to the center of the speaker then most. But they did fit and there is absolutely no clearence problems. The tweaters clear both front and rear and the door grill fits fine. I have no buzzing or rattling from them.

For the rear doors the speakers only fit in on specific way. but they did fit. maybe someone else has had similar experience here and they can back me up. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.