My iPod setup

This is a discussion on My iPod setup within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I see alot of people asking about iPod setups on here, so I thought id post mine that came out ...

My iPod setup

I see alot of people asking about iPod setups on here, so I thought id post mine that came out very nicely. I decided to ditch the stock HU and pick up an Alpine 9845 with AUX-in. I didnt want to mess with the $100 adpaters they sell, so I decided to go for a simple minijack aux-in, and use the ipod for control. The battery lasts 1 week + of driving so I didnt care about having it charged in the car. The white adapter you see on the iPod allows the sound to come from a non-compressed source, unlike the normal headphone jack which compresses the sound for headphones.

Wire neatly tucked away beneath shifter trim

Last edited by ProEnginePower; 11-05-2005 at 03:13 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice hack

nice work

thats my weekend project....thanks

looks nice. I just got a black nano myself, and it kind of pisses me off that the headphones and cables are all white. I like my shizit to match and whatnot. Paint that power cord!
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

great idea, i wouldn't even have though about using the port on the bottom of the ipod, just the headphone port.

Dokstation

so i theory you could mod a ipod-dockstation or so

ok so im trying this right now, and im kinda stuck...

i went to circut city, and the guy there said all i needed was the AUX cable, so i got one, and i was wondering where it plus into??? does it go into the CD player itself, or somewhere else?

any help helps guys...thanks

-deadwithoutyou

Don't ever listen to Circuit City / Best Buy "technicians" or sales people. Your stock head unit does not have AUX inputs. If you have a tape player in it you can use that adapter, or a FM transmitter, or an inline FM modulator, or try to fab something up that'll work with the CD changer input...