Dash RAttle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dash RAttle within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i've tried searching this but i'm not finding an answer. maybe someone here knows. i've got a rattle which i ...

Dash RAttle

i've tried searching this but i'm not finding an answer. maybe someone here knows.

i've got a rattle which i can't locate & if i did i wouldn't know how to stop it. it sounds like it's coming from the vent on the left side of the steering wheel.

anyone have an answer? it's driving me insane.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RMD

I'm having the same problem

Hey there Ecruz,

My '02 WRX has developed a dash rattle as well. However, I think mine is coming from the defroster vent on the passenger side of the car. Its an intermittant problem that only occurs when I travel across unpaved roads or really bumpy ones.

It is annoying and I would like to figure out what the hell it is...let me know if you find anything and I will do the same.

Peace

i used some vacuum line cut maybe 1/4" and jammed the "donuts" b/w the glass and the windshield vents to stop one of the rattles. my steering column is nw rattleing, and i haven't figured out how to stop that. i stopped my glovebox from rattleing with some electrical tape around the latch (can't even tell it's there, very stealthy)

next i need to stop my passenger side seat from rattleing.

i guess that's what you get when all your purchase price is allocated to a quality engine, not a trim level.

dR

My glovebox is what gives me fits... I do have to say that the car is surprisingly rattle-free compared to a lot of the other imports I've ridden in (the exception being my previous car: Lexus IS300)...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

my auto dimming mirror makes noise, i hate the damn thing

You should be able to take the car into the dealer and have them fix rattle for you. It is, after all, a manufacturing defect. I'm thinking maybe you should take it to someone other than your normal dealer though, so they don't get pissed at you
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I have to agree with RMD my ratte sounds like its comming from the passenger side as well... mine has also started to rattle on the freeway

also, does anyone have a good way to reduce wind noise (especially on the freeway)?

Re: Dash RAttle

Originally posted by Ecruz
    i've tried searching this but i'm not finding an answer. maybe someone here knows.

i've got a rattle which i can't locate & if i did i wouldn't know how to stop it. it sounds like it's coming from the vent on the left side of the steering wheel.

anyone have an answer? it's driving me insane.
    I had the same rattle, untill I installed the A-Pillar gauge pod. The gauge pod is from Autometer and it actually sits on top of the OEM A-Pillar (it covers the original A-Pillar). I guess the added thickness in the A-Pillar is applying pressure to whatever was loose and the rattle is completely gone. I have driven about 5000 miles after installing the gauge pod and have never heard the rattle.

I have a glove box rattle too. I think the metal bar on the door of the box is moving around in the latch. I bet it could be fixed with a couple turns of electrical tape, but I have been too lazy to try it yet.

GLOVE BOX RATTLE

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    I have a glove box rattle too. I think the metal bar on the door of the box is moving around in the latch. I bet it could be fixed with a couple turns of electrical tape, but I have been too lazy to try it yet.
    that's how i fixed it. took about 8 turns. now she's secure and solid as a rock. i'm now focusing on getting my passenger side front seat to shut up, and BOTH seat belt pods are rattleing.

dR

dash rattle

ok...i found the rattle, now how do i fix it.

the rattle is coming from the dashbord piece closest to the windshield, the small strip with the windshield vents in it. the rattle is in the corner, right by the A pillar. what now?

E-

Originally posted by dark_rex
    i used some vacuum line cut maybe 1/4" and jammed the "donuts" b/w the glass and the windshield vents to stop one of the rattles.

dR
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

DUH!

I got rid ofmy dash rattle recently. I slid out the cupholder and tightened down the two screws that hold it in the dash. I also took the whole thing out and cleaned it because dried Coke kept the cupholder from sliding out at all when it got cold.

Dark Rex: If successful, make sure you tell us how to get rid of that front passenger seat squeak/rattle. It drives me NUTS!

Diggin' up an oldie here...

I seem to have developed a center stack rattle that shows up angrily on rough/bumpy roads that's starting to bother me. It sounds like it's coming from the center a/c vents, or maybe even the CD-player. Either way, I don't know exactly where it is, or how to stop it. I tightened up the cupholder, but those were tight already, so don't think that was it. Anyone have a similar rattle that wasn't the cupholder? More importantly, could you fix it?
    http://www.hsubaru.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast