Dash RAttle - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Dash RAttle within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have the Trim plate next to winshield, rear seat belt upper slide mechinism, rear seat back latch, factory subwoofer, ...

I have the
    Trim plate next to winshield,
    rear seat belt upper slide mechinism,
    rear seat back latch,
    factory subwoofer,

rear something ("trunk monkey" as djrez4 would say,)

Aw hell it's a damn rattle trap, I may as well attach a hook and try to catch a bass on it.

I dont mind to much i just put the pedal to the metal and my grin comes back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Trypsin

I dont mind to much i just put the pedal to the metal and my grin comes back.
    Same here, but it's when I got passengers that it bugs me, because it bugs them and they start thinking it's an overpriced car
    http://www.hsubaru.com

I understand what you mean but my desisions were not made upon fit and finish, but on the driveline alone.
    This is an enthusiast car, you take a lot and give a little.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've got that left side vent area rattle BADLY now. It started off as only being occasionally, but now it does it ALL the time. I swear to god it irritated me so much today I almost smashed my vent in frustration!

I've also got this irritating rattle from the driver-side seat-belt pillar that's driving me ballistic.

Those are the only two, and boy are they driving me mad.
    2010 SSM STI

Guys...Tutorial section has many useful threads, such as this one....

Silencing the VIN Plate / Defroster Panel rattle
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

williamg,

that left side vent rattle, is actually coming from the thin piece of trim in front of the dash closest to the window. if you take a little rubber grommet and stuff it next to that piece, it should go away. mine did.

good luck.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Ecruz....I'll try that this weekend.
    2010 SSM STI

i'm actually going to try to pull it all of the way out and fix it for good, like the link that djrez4 posted. it looks easy enough. i'll let you know how it goes.

E-

i'm actually going to try to pull it all of the way out and fix it for good, like the link that djrez4 posted. it looks easy enough. i'll let you know how it goes.

E-

I had some noise coming from the dash on the driver side and I think I found the problem. If you look under the dash, you'll see a bunch of wires and connectors. There are two green ones in particular tha make a lot of noise when then hit something solid. I used some zip ties and electrical tape to secure them to big wire bundles and so far it has worked fine.
    Thanks,
    Ali

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.