Gauge Questions.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge Questions. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been looking at gauges for what seems like an eternity. Now I have the money and I can't decide ...

Gauge Questions.

I've been looking at gauges for what seems like an eternity.

Now I have the money and I can't decide between brands.

I'm definitely going with Boost, EGT, and Oil Pressure in a 52mm 3 gauge pod on the a-pillar.

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/interior...iplepillar.htm

I want something that will closely match stock colors on my '05 and I've looked into the Omori full color gauges b/c they have the red needles but they don't offer anything other than boost in 52mm.

I'm leaning towards either the defi d series http://www.jscspeed.com/index.html?/...efi_dgauge.htm or the Greddy gauges http://www.jscspeed.com/index.html?/...ddy_gauges.htm but I don't know what color the backlight is.

I've also considered the triple pod that goes in place of the clock but costs more than twice what the a-pillar pod costs. I don't mind paying to get it done right but I'm not made of money either.

Also, what is the difference between mechanical and electrical guages?

Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated as I want to make sure I get the car looking and working good and I need to get gauges prior to em or tbe.

Thanks in advance!

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600
    1994 Suzuki Sidekick (Beater)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Omori's are a good choice.
    Check out the VDO vision gauges. They light in green and have red needles as well.

This is a pic of virpacalis' dash which consists of VDO vision guages.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

PCW
    Check out Auto Meter Nexus, this is what I decided on. I looked at Defi BF and D series, but didn't want a 60mm gauge. Gauges are expensive and you really do get what you pay for.

http://hp.autometer.com/products/nexus/index.html

PCW

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    Omori's are a good choice.
    Check out the VDO vision gauges. They light in green and have red needles as well.

This is a pic of virpacalis' dash which consists of VDO vision guages.

~myke
    That set up looks pretty good. I'm definately going to check those out.

Any idea where I can find them? I googled them and most of the stuff I found was for Audi's and VW's and were backlit red or green.
    Last edited by Sun Burn; 10-24-2005 at 09:01 AM.

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600

Try http://www.egauges.com/vdo_grou.asp?Series=Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Burn
    That set up looks pretty good. I'm definately going to check those out.

Any idea where I can find them? I googled them and most of the stuff I found was for Audi's and VW's and were backlit red or green.
    what color werwe you looking for? the STi interior is red and the wrx interior is green

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    Try http://www.egauges.com/vdo_grou.asp?Series=Vision

what color werwe you looking for? the STi interior is red and the wrx interior is green

~myke
    Thanks for the link. I'll check it out when I get home from work.

I'm looking for green with red needles to match my '05 wrx stock stuff.

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out when I get home from work.

I'm looking for green with red needles to match my '05 wrx stock stuff.
    simple...defi link v2. these are black face with silver rings and glow green with red needle. they also have peak and warning features...those will come in handy if looking into a custom tune.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    simple...defi link v2. these are black face with silver rings and glow green with red needle. they also have peak and warning features...those will come in handy if looking into a custom tune.

Those are really nice but 3 of them with a pod will be around 875.00 from Gruppe-S and I can get 3 Omori 60 mm's in a pod for around 675 from J-Spec Tuning. Are the Defi gauges that much better? They look really nice but both have peak and warning features and one costs a lot more.

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600

Those are really nice but 3 of them with a pod will be around 875.00 from Gruppe-S and I can get 3 Omori 60 mm's in a pod for around 675 from J-Spec Tuning. Are the Defi gauges that much better? They look really nice but both have peak and warning features and one costs a lot more.
    Sweet, I didn't realize omori have the peak/warning on them. In the end, it comes down to what you like the best and if you want to spend the money.

I've looked at gauges forever, and in the end, I decided that nothing looked better than the defi bf's. I know there are cheaper ones out there, but they can't compare to the look the bf's have. Too bad those mad dad guages don't have warning features or I'd buy those.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

the best matching is the defi link v2 gauges
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    Sweet, I didn't realize omori have the peak/warning on them. In the end, it comes down to what you like the best and if you want to spend the money.

I've looked at gauges forever, and in the end, I decided that nothing looked better than the defi bf's. I know there are cheaper ones out there, but they can't compare to the look the bf's have. Too bad those mad dad guages don't have warning features or I'd buy those.
    Only the 60mm Omori's have the Peak/Warning so if I went that route I would get either the ATI or Defi Pod and put them in the dash where the clock is. I really like the Defi's but they are so much more money and Omori's are pretty close match. I guess I'm gonna think on it for a little more time.

Thanks for all the help guys!

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600

I like the Omori's

I have the Omori's and like them a lot. They are 45mm Boost, EGT and Oil gauges in the stock cluster location. I'll take a picture if you want to see it. They don't match perfectly as the shade of green is slightly off...but its only noticable to the discerning eye. Most people think they are stock the first time they ride in the rex mobile. Be aware though that the EGT uses a 1/8PT (similar to 1/8BSPT) adapter set vs. the more commonly used 1/8NPT, which means if you'll need to get a 1/8PT to 1/8NPT adapter if you ever decide to switch them out for a different brand. If it's a new install, the guages will come with everythign you need.

Try Omorimeter They have the gauges you want in 52mm.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.