06 STi Gauge Swap?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 STi Gauge Swap? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is it possible to swap out the speedo/tach cluster from an STI to an 06 WRX? I really want to ...

06 STi Gauge Swap?

Is it possible to swap out the speedo/tach cluster from an STI to an 06 WRX? I really want to go "red" with my interior lighting and the STI guages are sick!

I did a search BTW!!!!

No luck....

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe scoobymods had a diy for changing out the instument cluster, but it was for an older '03 wrx i think. I assume it would be similar if not the same. Not sure how the outside temp guage would work though...

the 06 WRX has an outside temp gauge so that shouldn't be a problem...

Yes it is a direct plug and play piece. It is actually the next thing Im going to do after the 16G the only problem is STi gauges =$$$$$(lots).
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Where do you buy STi instrument panels? I really like the red color too. I saw one a website without the outside temp guage but I forgot to book mark it.
    Last edited by scotts05; 11-07-2005 at 12:19 PM.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    Where do you buy STi instrument panels? I really like the red color too. I saw one a website without the outside temp guage but I forgot to book mark it.
    The best way to go with getting an STi cluster is ebay, b/c if you buy it new its right around $530 and you can get one on ebay for arond $300 maybe even less, Ive noticed that they have gone down in price on ebay a little.

will the 06 fit the 05 ? cuz i'd like to have on, but i don't know if i can justify the price

Quote Originally Posted by ch1nkv3nz
    will the 06 fit the 05 ? cuz i'd like to have on, but i don't know if i can justify the price
    All sti/wrx gauges are interchangable except for 02-05 wrx clusters otherwise they are all ok to be switched.

hmmm still confused. i have a 05 wrx. which sti guage cluster can i put in my wrx

ok I am going to need some info on this before I buy one. Will the STi guage cluster fit in my 05 wrx? plug and play right? If I do this, will it reset my mileage?
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Registered User MarylandEcstasy's Avatar
    Are you saying that the STi gauge clusters are NOT interchangeable with the 02-03 WRXs? I was planning on doing a DIY with that but is it even possible? Just curious.

Sorry, I meant 02-03 and maybe 04, if your WRX has the tach. in the center of the cluster like in the 05 then any STi cluster is a direct plug and play, I would not try to put an STi cluster in a older WRX.

Sorry for the confusion.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.