Gauge pod idea?

This is a discussion on Gauge pod idea? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; One of my first interior mods is gon be getting some gauges and a three guage pod in top of ...

Gauge pod idea?

One of my first interior mods is gon be getting some gauges and a three guage pod in top of the center console.

Now, when i first saw these pods on other WRX's I thought maybe they can be depressed to hide it, and pressed again to show it ( in the similar fashion as the ashtray in the center).

What i want to know is if there is any room under that area for three gauges to be pressed in.

If there is room, and is possible to make it, I want to know if such aftermarket pod already exists.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the same thought but just figured I'd try to crack open the dash when I get a chance cause I couldn't find an answer to the question. I'm assuming there isn't much room. I've thought of some alternative but all require more customization than I'm capable of.

You think they'd leave a pocket of space big enough to hide gauges and not put a pocket or something up there? I'm sure it's full of heating duct work.
    Black 2006 WRX Sedan

Snorkus-deleted with K&N drop-in
    Defi-Link Boost, EGT, Oil Temp - Gruppe-S CF dash pod
    TurboXS Turbo-back
    That's it so far!

sorry dont think there is much room under there
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
    I'm sure it's full of heating duct work.
    Bingo! the ducting for the vents is right there...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I've seen a guy custom cut the bottom of his dash, close to where the radio is, and put a set of three defi's in there. Very stealth, very clean looking set up... wish I had pictures.