Custom Steering Collumn Boost gauge

This is a discussion on Custom Steering Collumn Boost gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I took out my stock gauge and added somethign that looks a little better and is bigger (and also reads ...

Custom Steering Collumn Boost gauge

I took out my stock gauge and added somethign that looks a little better and is bigger (and also reads in psi not MPA). Its a tinted version, slight tint during the day.....fully tinted when off, and "jdm" style at night with electrolumination.

Daytime and night pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stigaige001.JPG   stigauge002.JPG   stigauge003.JPG  
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I made the pod from a 1 1/2" to 1 1/2" rubber pipe coupling and sheet aluminum for the band for looks. I used foam tape sandwiched between sheets of aluminum on both sides and ran 2 screws through the stock holes. It looks somewhat OEM in my opinion...
    MY MODS

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    any better looking pics?

Im trying for better pics..heres the best i can do with my crappy camera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gaugenightsmall.JPG   gaugenightsmall2.JPG  
    MY MODS

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    I made the pod from a 1 1/2" to 1 1/2" rubber pipe coupling and sheet aluminum for the band for looks. I used foam tape sandwiched between sheets of aluminum on both sides and ran 2 screws through the stock holes. It looks somewhat OEM in my opinion...
    Is this what you used?

I'm curious to see a side view of the pics and also how you mounted it.

On a note about the camera... do you have a "macro" setting? That will let you take in-focus pictures within 2 feet of the subject. A faster shutter setting will help with the night pics.

Thanks.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.