Revamp an STi interior
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Revamp an STi interior within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I love the STi, but I can't say I love the seats and the blue on the door trim. 1) ...

Revamp an STi interior

I love the STi, but I can't say I love the seats and the blue on the door trim.

1) Is there any way to make the blue on the door handles simply solid black... or does anyone have a better idea? How much would this run?

2) What would be some seat ideas? I remember seeing a company that did leather WRX seats a while back but I don't have the link anymore. Has anyone done anything like Recaro's in an STi that you may have pictures of? I just like the look of solid black or something like the stock Evo 9 seats. Would the 06 leather seats of a WRX work?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Pastapuck; 10-02-2005 at 08:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do some research. there are companies that can reupholster the interior. if you don't like the blue, do that or research permanent fabric dyes. if you want different seats, well, theres a huge selection. a lot of people would like better lateral support, and there's quite a few seat manufacturers with a bunch of styles and designs to choose from. sparco, cobra, bride, and a whole lotta others i can't remember rigth now. sparco is probably the most widely known.

edit- leather is overrated. i'll take alacantra any day.
    Dave
    01 RS

I put Sparco Monzas in mine and there is no comparison.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

ill trade you my entire 04 WRX interior for your entire STi interior.

black looks better then blue right?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

A STi once traded an interior with me...you may want to consider the same. That way you can make some money off your interior and then use that to help offset the cost to dye the fabric to whatever shade of black you want.

trade me!!

trade me!!

Your only option if you want to keep your side airbags is trading with an 04 wrx or dying them(sounds tricky). Iv been wating to get version 7 seats for the longest times but i reaaaaaaaaaally wanna keep my side airbags.

If I had the money I'd make my interior red. Black over red is teh hotness.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Leather seats

This is the link that you were looking for I think. A good choice! They are the company that I am going to get my seats covers through when I am ready!
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

damn there was one site i foudn that actually sold black STi seats.. but i cant rmemeber what site it was...

the JDM S202 seats are like v7 sti but all black. For the guy who said they wanted a red interior get one from one of the ESX STis lol

Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210
    damn there was one site i foudn that actually sold black STi seats.. but i cant rmemeber what site it was...

i think there are a couple of places... and im pretty sure one of the all black STi seats are actually some really rare JDM ones.

http://www.rallispec.com/ sells some Black STi seats

manufactored by Recaro for STi.

Quote Originally Posted by palmerx141
    For the guy who said they wanted a red interior get one from one of the ESX STis lol

I forgot that the ESX sit's have red interior. Can you get black ESX sti that would be sweet.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

im pretty sure the special edition ESX STis (the 425 HP one) is only gonna be sold in red with the white strips down the middle(cause those are ESX's trademark colors) with those krazy painted rims too.

you could always paint it black afterwards!

but ya that would definatly look sweet, i remeber seeing a sweet S2000 all black but with a red interior, looked really nice

as far as I know that ESX STi is red w/ white stripes only, extremely limited numbers. (only 40 were made).
    Dave
    01 RS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.