Wireing help!

This is a discussion on Wireing help! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my 06 wrx last week and went to Best Buy last night to buy a headunit and ...

Wireing help!

I just got my 06 wrx last week and went to Best Buy last night to buy a headunit and a wire harness but they changed the harness for 06 and won't be out for a few weeks. Does anyone have access to a wireing diagram or any sugestions? I'm new to the Subaru world so I don't have the recorces yet.

Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Trust me and wait for the new harness to come out. If you decide to just cut off the factory harness and splice the factory wires into the new stereo's, you'll face higher install prices down the road if you change out your stereo and could possibly face some warranty issues. Also, if you ever decide to sell your car, putting the stock stereo back in will be much more costly. My $.02, enjoy the new WRX!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Quote Originally Posted by GetawayInBouldr
    Trust me and wait for the new harness to come out. If you decide to just cut off the factory harness and splice the factory wires into the new stereo's, you'll face higher install prices down the road if you change out your stereo and could possibly face some warranty issues. Also, if you ever decide to sell your car, putting the stock stereo back in will be much more costly. My $.02, enjoy the new WRX!

Thanks for the advice. Unfourtunatly I already cut the harnes, but I found the info I needed and it works great. Thanks again!

So did you find a wiring diagram for the 06 WRX? I need to install some gauges and need to find some power wires.
    REXinCO

2006 WRX wagon
    *you can call it a wagon, it's got the balls to back it up.