Irritating interior rattle
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Irritating interior rattle within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright so my car has developed this annoying metal rattling sound from somehwere around the A-pillar area. It seems to ...

Irritating interior rattle

Alright so my car has developed this annoying metal rattling sound from somehwere around the A-pillar area. It seems to be somewhere in the interior of the car. Anyonelse have this issue? Its incredibly irritating.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Driver's side? I get something similar, almost sounds like its coming from the air vent. Haven't been able to pinpoint it though.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Check where your vin number is right near the glass of the driver's side. There have been many threads where that rattles because it loosened up. If you do a search for it, if it is the case there is a fix to it.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Actually its the passenger side (sorry forgot to type that) it does sound like its comming from the air vent though.
    FORZA FERRARI

I get the same thing from the drivers side dash. I usually only have problems with it when the A/C is on though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Actually its the passenger side (sorry forgot to type that) it does sound like its comming from the air vent though.
    Do you have a downpipe? It might be rubbing on the dump hose that is connected to the AC, hence burning the connector throwing you the noise. It happened to me, so thats what Im basing it off.
    Uncle Lewie

wait you mean subarus rattle?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

good point
    FORZA FERRARI

, im surprised it took you that long to start hearing rattles but i guess 05's are built better. I think i started hearing weird noises from day one with sti and my 03 wrx. My brothers i havent noticed any rattles or weird noises yet.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Rattle free here. Lucky I guess.

Overall it has been the most trouble free car I ever had.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

HJC
    I found that the rattle locations can be decieving since the sound can bounce around the cabin. I've done the VIN plate fix for that plastic strip that's on top of the dash. Then I applied that same technique (slicone glue on all those plastic clips) for all the plastic pieces on the dash (radio & vent bezels). Check out scoobymods.com if you're not familiar with that.

It was rattle free for a few months. Now the wire from my auto-dimmin rearview mirror is making a tapping noise against the windshield

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Rattle free here. Lucky I guess.

Overall it has been the most trouble free car I ever had.
    Im rattle free now, but for 2 weeks in August I think the whole car was rattling
    Luckily I found all the rattles.
    Uncle Lewie

I just turn up the volume till you can't hear the rattling anymore.

I had an annoying couple of rattles that I was able to get rid of. The first one was the glove box wasnt sealed tightly enough and get rattling around. I took some weather stripping tape fromt eh Home Depot and put it around the inside of the glove box. It created a nice tight seal and the rattle was solved. The second was my dash board on the passenger side. I took the same tape and stuck it down between the dash and the window. Problem two was solved. I dont have any pics as my camera is busted but if you need more hel just ask.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

I've got one on the grab handle on the passenger side. I've taken it all apart, and put it all back together with silicone and still rattles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.