Radar Detector

This is a discussion on Radar Detector within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Maybe someone here can help me. I once saw an install for a Miata, that hardwired the radar detector into ...

Radar Detector

Maybe someone here can help me. I once saw an install for a Miata, that hardwired the radar detector into the stereo power unit, ran the wires through the pillar, across the top and dropped down above the rear view mirror. He then had built a bracket for the detector that didn't use suction cups, but held it firmly in place. Has anyone else seen/heard something like this, and have an idea how to do the bracket?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't see why you couldnt' make a bracket that fit into your roof liner. There's space enough there to fit wires from an SBC-id so I don't know why a thin piece of metal couldn't be jammed in there. The wiring should be easy.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

Thats where I figured I could put it, but I am not much of a metal worker myself, and I would want to make sure that it looked professional, not mickeymoused..
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.