High End Options for Car Stereo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on High End Options for Car Stereo within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just ordered my03 wagon, and have already planned the makeover of the sound system. I am going to go with ...

Thumbs up High End Options for Car Stereo

Just ordered my03 wagon, and have already planned the makeover of the sound system. I am going to go with the Pioneer DEH-8300M deck, with MB Quartz 6 1/2 components in front, 5 1/4 components in the rear. I am about to order a box from Subee-sound for a 10" JL Audio sub in the rear of the wagon, all powered by 2 Phoenix Gold Amps. Anyone have suggestions, or experience with any of these products, as all my previous systems have either been with Pioneer or Infinity.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

all excellent product lines....i might suggest that you look into the premier version of the deck you are looking at...it will offer an extra year of warranty and more features and you should be able to find it for close to the same price...
    as for any car stereo...your installation will be the key to overall reliability and sound so do it right!!!

btw, which JL 10" are you looking at???
    totalled 1 wrx psm sedan
    now onto '03 wrb wagon!!

How much are you paying for the JL and the amp to run it?

The Sub is going to run about 199, it is the JL10W6. The Amp is about 400$. My earlier post said 5 1/4 in the rear, which was incorrect, it should have read 4" components.

jerrodg
    you can easily put 5 1/4" speakers in the back doors...my lightning audio components fit without modification....they are fairly shallow however....

w6v2 i am assuming??? excellent driver...
    totalled 1 wrx psm sedan
    now onto '03 wrb wagon!!

Turns out that I had a little extra money to play with for the system, and changed a few things. I am doing a spare tire well box, keeping the spare tire in, and putting a Phoenix Gold Tantrum series 10" sub in, and went with the Pioneer DEH-P9400MP in the dash instead. I also am getting XM Radio, as where I live doesn't get a whole lot of radio stations worth listening to. Just far enough from San Francisco and Sacramento that reception is kinda sketchy. Wanted to go with the in dash DVD player, but the wife shot that down. She thinks I would be distracted while driving.. The whole system outside of the aftermarket CD player will be stealth though, which is what I really wanted. Question: the OEM stereo is a double din receiver, and the Pioneer I am putting in is single din. I would like to put something in the slot below the player, but don't need a graphic equalizer, as the Pioneer has one included. Is there anything else I can put there, functional preferably that would take up that space? Some kind of turbo timer etc? so far all the guages I have seen have either been round, or way to small to fit a single din slot. If anyone has some ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure...but I have that same deck and you're going to love it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.