Momo Steering Wheel Horn
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Momo Steering Wheel Horn within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I already have a momo steering wheel installed, but I now want the horn to work. Does anyone have any ...

Momo Steering Wheel Horn

I already have a momo steering wheel installed, but I now want the horn to work. Does anyone have any info on how to do this? I've found a bit, and I think I have the basic idea, but if someone could tell me which wire is for the horn, and if you have to do anything with a ground wire that would really help me. I can find this for other cars, but nothing for the wrx's. Just lots on how to do the actual wheel install, which I don't need.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sid
    did you use the momo hub adapter?

Yes. I just need to know which cable under the steering wheel is the one I connect the horn to. The airbag, cruise control and horn are all un-attached. I dont want the airbags or the cruise control though... just the horn.

There is a cable under there that isnt attached, that has 4 wires. (red-green stripe, 2 black and 1 white) I thought I heard someone say one of the those was for the horn, but I'm not sure. It's a 2002 WRX. (US)
    Last edited by Plink; 09-16-2005 at 07:23 PM.

sid
    yeah, 3 of those go to the cruise control one to the horn. i'm going to be swapping out my steering wheel back to the stock one in about week and a half for my trip to california. i'll take some pics of the wire if you still haven't found the solution to your problem.

Ok, so I figured it out and got the horn to work... But I had to run a wire from the horn wire right into the steering wheel itself. How are you normally supposed to attach the horn? There is the wire that came with the momo install parts, but how do you get the horn signal to that wire? Without having the wire wrap itself around the wheel everytime you turn? I must be missing a part... I don't think I have the signal cancel part either...

sid
    if you used the correct horn wire the connection will turn with the steering wheel, meaning it's part of the steering wheel. does that make sense?

Hmm... no I don't quite get what you mean. Where is the horn wire from the car supposed to connect to, so that it will turn with the wheel?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.