Blitz FATT & my factory alarm...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blitz FATT & my factory alarm... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had my Blitz turblo timer installed into my car. Everything works beatifully but it completely does away with my ...

Blitz FATT & my factory alarm...

I had my Blitz turblo timer installed into my car. Everything works beatifully but it completely does away with my factory alarm system. You have to wait until the car turns off to arm it. I did a search and some say you have to splice the wire to the alarm. How is this done? Is there anyway I can arm my alarm system while my car is still running?
    dread out...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check this out. I'm too scared to mess with the electric but if it works let me know, I have the same problem.
    http://wrx.swankmonkey.com/turbotimer/

Do you remove the negative terminal from the battery before you start doing this FATT install?

I've been wanting to do it, have a FATT sitting here, but haven't gotten around to it
    --------------------------------
    MY03 Sonic Yellow Sedan

You want to remove the negative cable anytime you may come in contact with anything with voltage.

Those instructions and a few others are what I used to do mine, they are correct.

I pulled the connector apart and remove the wire and pin. That way I can put it back how it was if I needed.

Good Luck
    Remove the negative termial
    Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

Hey Root, can you set your alarm with the engine running?

I have my Viper programmed to activate once the turbo timer shuts the car off. IF it's still running when I leave it, I just lock the doors and let the security system kick in once the car is off.

It arms and locks the doors as soon as i press the button. I made the shock sensor more sensitive also, it took awilt to get it set perfect though.

Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

Re: Blitz FATT & my factory alarm...

Originally posted by alchemist
    I had my Blitz turblo timer installed into my car. Everything works beatifully but it completely does away with my factory alarm system. You have to wait until the car turns off to arm it. I did a search and some say you have to splice the wire to the alarm. How is this done? Is there anyway I can arm my alarm system while my car is still running?
    TeamShiftPoint did my install, and I can use the factory alarm. PM him. His name is William. He'll be able to help you out.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.