What gauges for stage 2 setup?

This is a discussion on What gauges for stage 2 setup? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I realize that all gauges provide a good benefit for any setup, however I'm looking for a 2 gauge setup ...

What gauges for stage 2 setup?

I realize that all gauges provide a good benefit for any setup, however I'm looking for a 2 gauge setup and already have a boost gauge installed. What would be ideal for a Stage 2 configuration, (cobb stage 2). I was thinking EGT gauge...but i was wondering if any of you guys had any other ideas...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I went with boost and oil temp on a dual cloumn mount pod. If you already have boost, you could go oil temp and oil pressure. There are a lot of different opinions on weather or not its better to have oil temp or oil pressure. I went with temp because, for me, I would rather know when the car is warmed up to operating level so I dont drive hard when the engine is still cold. EGT is also very popular with stage 2, but I was too much of a wuss to drill and tap my exhaust manifold- I have heard they can crack because they are cast iron.

I think if people are going to do 2 pods the most popular is boost and EGT, and the triple pods are boost EGT and oil temp. Check out www.j-spectuning.com for dual gauge packages.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Since you already have a boost gauge, I'd definitely go with EGT, and then you can choose between oil temperature and oil pressure. They're both popular, but it seems like more people go with oil pressure.

I just installed Autometer Nexus boost and EGT gauges to go with my UTEC. Still deciding on a TBE. Drilling and tapping the manifold for the EGT probe was really time-consuming, but not difficult.