Component Speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Component Speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I am ready to upgrade my front speakers and I am looking at the Alpine spx177r's and the Infinity ...

Component Speakers

So I am ready to upgrade my front speakers and I am looking at the Alpine spx177r's and the Infinity Kappa 60.7cs. Does anyone have either of them now and what woud you recomend between the two. I have prices of 200 for the Kappas and 230 for the Alpines. I had Kappa 3ways in my old 240 and like them but i want to go components now.

Second question has any put 5 1/4 components in the rear? I want to know if there is enough room for the woofer in the stock location because I want to mount the tweeter high on the rear door for optimum sound shaping.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

if price is not a concern...

For speakers get the new Focal K2's... easily the best sounding car speaker I have ever heard. Pricey though, about $950 for the pair. Team them up with an Audison LRX amp (about $750) and you will have the best sounding system out of anyone you know, or your money back. If you want heavy base, then get a JL 12 W7... and another Audison. All of the above can be demoed, and purchased at your local Tweeter store.

By the end of the month, my system will be done - a pair of the K2's, Two Audison LXR amps ( the 1400/1 and the 2500/2) and my two, currently underpowered, JL 10W1's - I gots to keep it light son!)
    Last edited by SOUTHPAW; 01-16-2006 at 10:22 PM.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

seeing that price is a concern

personally after hearing the focals i think that they are the most overpriced speaker that i have heard. i would definitely not purchase them because i did not like what i heard. i did like the boston accoustics but they are out of my price range as well.i already have a sub and i am happy with the bass that i am getting, now i just want to clear the mids and highs.

QUOTE=SOUTHPAW]For speakers get the new Focal K2's... easily the best sounding car speaker I have ever heard. Pricey though, about $950 for the pair. Team them up with an Audison LRX amp (about $750) and you will have the best sounding system out of anyone you know, or your money back. If you want heavy base, then get a JL 12 W7... and another Audison. All of the above can be demoed, and purchased at your local Tweeter store.

By the end of the month, my system will be done - a pair of the K2's, Two Audison LXR amps ( the 1400/1 and the 2500/2) and my two, currently underpowered, JL 10W1's - I gots to keep it light son!)[/QUOTE]

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Wow, I listen to speakers everyday for a living and the Focals are the best I've ever heard in a car... Not just that, but 9/10 customers say the same thing... Oh well, different people hear things in different ways, I agree, the Bostons sound really good as well... I'm sure you'll find something really nice in your price range, just stay away from fiberglassing, it's a PITA!

BTW, I would never pay $1000 for speakers, but I am getting the Focals on a vendor accomodation price, ...let's just say it costs about as much as the speakers your looking at...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.