Component Speakers

This is a discussion on Component Speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I am ready to upgrade my front speakers and I am looking at the Alpine spx177r's and the Infinity ...

Component Speakers

So I am ready to upgrade my front speakers and I am looking at the Alpine spx177r's and the Infinity Kappa 60.7cs. Does anyone have either of them now and what woud you recomend between the two. I have prices of 200 for the Kappas and 230 for the Alpines. I had Kappa 3ways in my old 240 and like them but i want to go components now.

Second question has any put 5 1/4 components in the rear? I want to know if there is enough room for the woofer in the stock location because I want to mount the tweeter high on the rear door for optimum sound shaping.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

if price is not a concern...

For speakers get the new Focal K2's... easily the best sounding car speaker I have ever heard. Pricey though, about $950 for the pair. Team them up with an Audison LRX amp (about $750) and you will have the best sounding system out of anyone you know, or your money back. If you want heavy base, then get a JL 12 W7... and another Audison. All of the above can be demoed, and purchased at your local Tweeter store.

By the end of the month, my system will be done - a pair of the K2's, Two Audison LXR amps ( the 1400/1 and the 2500/2) and my two, currently underpowered, JL 10W1's - I gots to keep it light son!)
    Last edited by SOUTHPAW; 01-16-2006 at 09:22 PM.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

seeing that price is a concern

personally after hearing the focals i think that they are the most overpriced speaker that i have heard. i would definitely not purchase them because i did not like what i heard. i did like the boston accoustics but they are out of my price range as well.i already have a sub and i am happy with the bass that i am getting, now i just want to clear the mids and highs.

QUOTE=SOUTHPAW]For speakers get the new Focal K2's... easily the best sounding car speaker I have ever heard. Pricey though, about $950 for the pair. Team them up with an Audison LRX amp (about $750) and you will have the best sounding system out of anyone you know, or your money back. If you want heavy base, then get a JL 12 W7... and another Audison. All of the above can be demoed, and purchased at your local Tweeter store.

By the end of the month, my system will be done - a pair of the K2's, Two Audison LXR amps ( the 1400/1 and the 2500/2) and my two, currently underpowered, JL 10W1's - I gots to keep it light son!)[/QUOTE]

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Wow, I listen to speakers everyday for a living and the Focals are the best I've ever heard in a car... Not just that, but 9/10 customers say the same thing... Oh well, different people hear things in different ways, I agree, the Bostons sound really good as well... I'm sure you'll find something really nice in your price range, just stay away from fiberglassing, it's a PITA!

BTW, I would never pay $1000 for speakers, but I am getting the Focals on a vendor accomodation price, ...let's just say it costs about as much as the speakers your looking at...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD