Anyone have this deck?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone have this deck? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just finished downloading an 19GB file of all of Armin van Buuren's music from 2001-2005...and i dont feel like ...

Anyone have this deck?

I just finished downloading an 19GB file of all of Armin van Buuren's music from 2001-2005...and i dont feel like making like 200+ CDs...so i need something that plays DVDs burned with mp3s...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Iznnp2YqqvB/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&id=features_and_specs&i=257KDDV 510#Tab

if you know of a cheaper alternative let me know

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not really cheaper but I got sick of burning disks, scratched disks, etc, etc so I put in a Pioneer deck that has an ipod interface. Whenever I have new music I take it in the house and update it. I create play lists etc that I can then choose from the deck and play in the car. I leave it plugged in in the glovebox and interface turns it on/off and keeps it charged.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

it would end up being just a bit chepaer and yet you still have to deal with connection, turning on/off the ipod, charging, etc

kd-adv6160

i just ordered the kd-adv6160 [one step up from that] for 256.99 from beachaudio.com. It should be here tomorrow, that is if ups in running that soon after the hurricane [stupid south florida]. its the same power wise but it has a few extra in/out puts and it has dual zone audio. i was going to buy the 5101 one for 300 from best buy, but i did some research, and with 2nd day air it was still cheaper for the 6160.

and if you wanna wait for ground shipping you can go to ebay and get the 6160 for 220 plus like 25 for shipping.

chris

i might just get it from crutchfield, dont they come with free wire harness/deck setup?...one step up is worth it for extra connections...

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ebay

I've bought many new head units off of Ebay, and so far I've had a 100% success rate. Crooksfield is the most expensive place to buy from.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    it would end up being just a bit chepaer and yet you still have to deal with connection, turning on/off the ipod, charging, etc
    There is a simple interface plug in my glovebox and it charges the ipod and it is turned on/off through the interface in the head unit. I never touch mine unless I am taking it in the house to download some new music.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Ebay

I've bought many new head units off of Ebay, and so far I've had a 100% success rate. Crooksfield is the most expensive place to buy from.
    i agree but you get the man warranty, and dont they give you free shipping, wiring harness, and deck setup? works out in the long run?

the biggest thing for me to hook my ipod up is being able to use the ipod interface. EVERY head unit interface i have ever seen/used SUX. So I will stick with using an AUX input and plugging the ipod into that [with the 6160 thats not a problem, i think you can set it up to have 3 inputs]

chris

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    i agree but you get the man warranty, and dont they give you free shipping, wiring harness, and deck setup? works out in the long run?
    Crooksfields price is with shipping, installation kit, and harness?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JVC-ARSENA-K...QQcmdZViewItem

why do you suppose the gigmp3 section in this description has a ? next to it..anyone know for sure if this works and how it works (like what software you must use, etc)

Crooksfields price is with shipping, installation kit, and harness?
    i thought so but not sure, plus someone i know can get me an addl 20 bucks off with thier online coupon code

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    i thought so but not sure, plus someone i know can get me an addl 20 bucks off with thier online coupon code
    It's up to you mang.

It's up to you mang.
    yea i was just looking for addl input

some of them come with a harness, you just have to search for them. I never really worry about the warranty other than the factory warranty. If not, you can go find a harness for the car for under 20 bucks at an installation shop. I setup the deck myself, and when crutchfield costs 300 for the 5100 with free shipping and free harness, and i can buy the 6160 for 220 [or 175 for the 5100] plus 25 shipping and 20 for a harness....then yes, it is worth it to me.

chris

by the way, i also bought a lilliput 7" touchscreen along with the jvc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast