Wagon audio
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

This is a discussion on Wagon audio within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I'v finally broken down and decided to upgrade my wagon audio after seeing the awful plastic/foam stock speakers ...

  1. #1
    Registered User invadersevlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    40

    Wagon audio

    Ok so I'v finally broken down and decided to upgrade my wagon audio after seeing the awful plastic/foam stock speakers [as I was installing dynamat everywhere!!, but thats another thread]. So anyway in my quest for speakers I managed to hit a couple good sales and picked up a Polk Momo 12" sub and 2 channel amp really cheap (not origionally on my list but damn they were cheap), so now I need a sub box for my wagon. What have other wagon owners done for subs?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User dsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chocolate City
    Posts
    3,769
    how much of the cargo area are you willing to give up?
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

  4. #3
    Registered User invadersevlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    how much of the cargo area are you willing to give up?
    Well hopefully not the whole thing! I mean the entire reason I got the wagon was for cargo space . Anyway I'd settle for a few inches from flush with the wheel well. What you gots?

  5. #4
    Registered User dsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chocolate City
    Posts
    3,769
    i got an infinity basslink. It's 200watts, so you won't win any contests, but it sounds pretty good and can be mounted in two different ways. it's small too, at least for that wattage. My cargo area looks like a fu(kin tornado hit it, so I can't really take a picture in good conscience. But here's a link to the sub.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OAxFTAu...p?i=108BASSLIN
    That's not going to be the best price. I paid about $220 shipped.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

  6. #5
    Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    A Whales Va-jay-jay
    Posts
    1,100
    Right now, I have a big azz box taking up the whole trunk space. To fix this sitch, I'm working on a fiberglass enclosure that will conform behind the back left wheel fender. I'm mounting a 12" Alpine Type R with an Alpine 700 watt RMS amp pushing it. It should sound nice.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

  7. #6
    Registered User invadersevlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by GetawayInBouldr
    Right now, I have a big azz box taking up the whole trunk space. To fix this sitch, I'm working on a fiberglass enclosure that will conform behind the back left wheel fender. I'm mounting a 12" Alpine Type R with an Alpine 700 watt RMS amp pushing it. It should sound nice.
    Oooh!!! What are the chances of making two??

  8. #7
    Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    A Whales Va-jay-jay
    Posts
    1,100
    To be honest, I need to see how this one works out first. I'll start a new thread once I'm near completion. Hopefully thats only about a month out.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

  9. #8
    Registered User section9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    AK49
    Posts
    187
    What are the specs on the Polk/Momos? It should say how much space it needs in certain enclosures. I've got a polk in a 1 cubic foot box completely sealed. Still kinda big, but the smallest I could find for a 12 incher.
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP

  10. #9
    Registered User invadersevlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by section9
    What are the specs on the Polk/Momos? It should say how much space it needs in certain enclosures. I've got a polk in a 1 cubic foot box completely sealed. Still kinda big, but the smallest I could find for a 12 incher.
    Its the MM2124 and according to Polk a sealed enclosure should be .88 cu. ft. I did a mockup out of cardboard to the exact dimentions listed for that and it was far too big to be practical.

  11. #10
    Registered User section9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    AK49
    Posts
    187
    I've heard of people forgoing the spare tire and mounting a custom sub there, but that's a lot of work for the sub box and you'd better have AAA. How's about mounting it between the left and right rear passenger footwells behind the center console? I don't know of any other suggestions. Good luck. Let us know what you decide on doing.
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    53
    This is what I did - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5795717421. Paid a bit much for it but its clean and its done. Now I just need to install the amp and hook it up.

  13. #12
    Registered User invadersevlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by e28fixer
    This is what I did - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5795717421. Paid a bit much for it but its clean and its done. Now I just need to install the amp and hook it up.
    Yeash.. I gotta cringe at that $280 price tag, ouch! For that $$ I might as well take it into a custom shop and have them make something. Granted that is a custom piece but hmmm.. to give up the spare tire... Mixed feelings there...

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    53
    Take a another look at the pics. The only reason I paid that for it is because I don't have to give up the spare. The sub fits into the cavity of the spare's rim making it completely stealth with no loss of functionality or cargo space. It doesn't get much cleaner.

    Quote Originally Posted by invadersevlow
    Yeash.. I gotta cringe at that $280 price tag, ouch! For that $$ I might as well take it into a custom shop and have them make something. Granted that is a custom piece but hmmm.. to give up the spare tire... Mixed feelings there...

  15. #14
    Registered User invadersevlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by e28fixer
    Take a another look at the pics. The only reason I paid that for it is because I don't have to give up the spare. The sub fits into the cavity of the spare's rim making it completely stealth with no loss of functionality or cargo space. It doesn't get much cleaner.
    Nope I missed that entirely! Doesnt sound too bad now.

  16. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5

    check out this box

    These boxes can fit a 10-12" sub. They fit in the floor with out even loosing any space or your spare tire. In the wagon they are totaly hidden & in the sedan thay raise the floor 3" & come with a new floor piece to make it real solid & lets it breath.


    http://www.sparetirebox.com/store/
    Last edited by duffmanaudio; 02-02-2006 at 07:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •