Kenwood DDX7017
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Kenwood DDX7017 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ltpuFeo...113DDX7017#Tab i just put a down payment on one of these at a local shop. it has everything but navigation. ...

Kenwood DDX7017

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ltpuFeo...113DDX7017#Tab

i just put a down payment on one of these at a local shop. it has everything but navigation. i am not too worried about nav since i know how to read maps

any of u guys have this unit? any opinions?
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks sweet..crutchfield is the way to go too, great service and support..post some pics after the install

please post some pics when you get it installed
    05-Aspen White STI
    96-GSR-T **sold**

im looking to buy it sometime next week after my 2 day vacation to canada. it should go in pretty easy. i am gonna buy the rear camera on payday to complete the package. i am gonna try to bypass the wire for the parking brake so DVD's can be played while driving. (for passengers)

Quote Originally Posted by IronMedic
    im looking to buy it sometime next week after my 2 day vacation to canada. it should go in pretty easy. i am gonna buy the rear camera on payday to complete the package. i am gonna try to bypass the wire for the parking brake so DVD's can be played while driving. (for passengers)

seems like you run a pretty comfy ride

might as well just buy a carputer

I own the 7017 with nav and sirius. It is a pretty sweet unit.

hey man thats a bad ass unit i have the 6017 in my wrx.. i had it like a week fter i got in my car .. its a bad ass unit.. trust me once you see it in ther eyouw oill be liek why didnt i get it earlier.. your gettign the reg kenwood unit.. which the step below the 6017 .. which i believe if i am correct has one less feature then the mine and mine has 2 less then the elcelon either way there is a unit you can buy from kenwood that liek 50 and it opens up all these othe features ... oh yeah that unit slips rigth in....
    Last edited by aznburn210; 08-21-2005 at 09:07 AM.

so i dont need a custom harness plug or anything? should just plug right in without splicing?

also, i was wondering if it would play back mpeg files (movies). i would love to play music videos in my car while driving. that would be awesome!

oh you do need a harness but you dont need a plastic plate or whatever it is called.. as for mpeg's i dont know...

seems like u dont need one...wont know for sure until i try to install the unit

That thing is sick! I want one too, but I have a hard time justifying spending 1200-1700 bucks for it. It does look good in the dash though. If a few more guys en up putting it in their rigs, I may just have to "conform" and do it as well.

im debating whether i should buy it today or tomorrow...or wait till payday which is September 1 LOL! i have the cash to buy it now but i am trying to decide

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing with my car looks like it's gonna be sweet! So does everything fit in the dash? Like to put a cd/dvd in the face plate slides down? Cuz that would be sweet.
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

Unit Installed!

i went ahead and bought my DDX-7017 and its great. the installation was too easy. note: you will use your factory brackets to put it back in and you will need a harness plug-in. i bought my harness for $10 at the shop and made the installation quicker. all you do is plug in the new harness into the stock one and start connecting the wires. i used the little red/blue connectors and just crimped the wires together easier. all the wires are labeled so it doesnt take long to do.

the big note for all: if you guys wanna run your DVD player while driving, u just ground the wire somewhere. i grounded mine to a bolt under my back seat. i had to route the reversing wire to the back and had it off. i just routed parking switch wire to a bolt back there and grounded it there. worked like a charm!

another note for you all: YES you can play mpeg movies on your unit! i downloaded music videos off limewire and tried it out. it does play back! it will only play back if your parking brake wire is grounded (or installed correctly). this thing also plays wma movies too!

Please excuse the quality of the pics, they are from my mobile phone!
    Last edited by IronMedic; 03-11-2006 at 06:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast