Kenwood DDX7017 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Kenwood DDX7017 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; yes the screen tilts..there are tons of options on this deck. this deck also tells u what song is playing ...

yes the screen tilts..there are tons of options on this deck. this deck also tells u what song is playing on radio stations too...really awesome!

im working on a rear camera kit for it very soon. i am also thinking of satellite radio but ill wait on that a little bit more. i dont need the nav, that is what paper maps are for. i am not sure what else i want to upgrade on the car off the deck! ill figure it out as i go.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow that looks really great,

but if i were you id just pay the extra money and get the navigation too, its what really makes a nice player...

but thats just me..

great job!
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

any news how it is with ipod and how user friendly????

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    I work at Best Buy and we have this unit set up with the iPod interface module. It sucks. Flat out, it sucks. You can have up to 6, maybe 7 playlists. Thats it. I haven't figured out any other way to get a list of songs or artists up on the screen. The Kenwood rep came in one day and he didn't know how to make any other menus come up on the screen either.

Other than that, this Kenwood unit is beautiful and pretty easy to use. I've been very tempted to buy it. Must resist getting into more debt...
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

i have had my kennwood with my ipod hooked up i can get 10 playlists up at once.. but other then that to get to the others i have to clicked next disc then click up the rest ..a s for songs.. i havent had any problems.. only when i wswitched from my mac format to pc format

Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210
    i have had my kennwood with my ipod hooked up i can get 10 playlists up at once.. but other then that to get to the others i have to clicked next disc then click up the rest ..a s for songs.. i havent had any problems.. only when i wswitched from my mac format to pc format
    so if i got this correctly u get 10 playlist @ once but easy to go next to show the rest? how does the list and songs show up? i mean do they show up with full name cuz some have limited letter characters !!!

well keep in mind i have the ddx6017... how i bring up the names from my ipod or rather how i used to was. it scrolled but if i wanted to pick a certian song i would pick men then disc select or whatever it was then display.... but that was when i was using my mac formated ipod now that i am using my pc formated ipod i have been having problems...

oh really, that doesnt sound good, thats one of the main reasons i wana get the screen. is ipod friendly but gess not

i don tknow i will post pictures.. rmemeber mine is the one that came out after the kenwood excelon series then they came out with th i think the ddx7015 i think i can't remember.. but the newest one that is just kenwood has slighty less features and is sold for less.. the one i do have is a limited production model...

Quote Originally Posted by IronMedic
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ltpuFeo...113DDX7017#Tab

i just put a down payment on one of these at a local shop. it has everything but navigation. i am not too worried about nav since i know how to read maps

any of u guys have this unit? any opinions?
    crutch field is expensive. i paid $1095 for mine installed. so shop around

i was reading through the manual and it says that you can get trafic info and weather. does some one knows if this is available in USA or is only en europe? also have you guys find a good place to stick the harnest/base of your remote controll ??

Quote Originally Posted by orvtech
    i was reading through the manual and it says that you can get trafic info and weather. does some one knows if this is available in USA or is only en europe? also have you guys find a good place to stick the harnest/base of your remote controll ??
    maybe between the gear shifter and arm rest

Still not clear on how to hook up the speed sensor wire and e-brake wire for the unit to be operatable while driving?? I understand that you just ground the e-brake wire, but what about the speed sensor wire? Where would you hook this to?? Would a constant hot 12v feed work? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kushmasterh
    Still not clear on how to hook up the speed sensor wire and e-brake wire for the unit to be operatable while driving?? I understand that you just ground the e-brake wire, but what about the speed sensor wire? Where would you hook this to?? Would a constant hot 12v feed work? Thanks in advance!
    No, don't feed it voltage. Most likely it will still not let view while driving even if you have the ebrake grounded, if it uses the same gyroscope lockout as pioneer does. anyhow speed sense for the 05 WRX (don't know what year yours is) is green/yellow or green/black at the ECM below glove box

On the non-turbo models the vss is in pin 10 of the 20 pin plug. On the turbo models the vss is in pin 1 of the 22 pin plug. On the STi models the vss is in pin 27 of the 35 pin plug.

The vss wire is also found behind the instrument cluster.
    04 wrx - green yellow
    06 - same as 05
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123