Kenwood DDX7017 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Kenwood DDX7017 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; and I just found this forum today through a friend. I was wondering if there was a difference between the ...

I bought my Kenwood DDX7017 last week...

and I just found this forum today through a friend. I was wondering if there was a difference between the 7017 and the 8017 besides the fact that it's $300 more! Also, I just received mine today, so I'm installing it tonight..... how exactly was it done to have the dvd run while driving? If I can do that, then I'm scratching out buying monitors for the seats! Thanks. --gq

ADDED NOTE: I found my answer to the differences between the 7017 and the 8017.... 8017 has 5.1 digital dolby sound...... Also, if you order from Crutchfield, don't they supply the wiring harness? I was given one by them, so I don't know if you got the same one and you ended up buying a different one anyway?
    Last edited by Scooby-GQ; 08-30-2005 at 02:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i suggest getting the harness. it will make your install a hundred times easier. the harness will be labeled so just splice wire to wire like it says. i used the connectors and crimped em for the best connection.

for DVD playback while driving, ground the parking switch wire to bare metal. there isnt alot of bare metal inside the radio area. i ran it to my back seat only cuz i had it removed. i was running the reverse wire to my rear lamp so i grounded the dvd wire on a bolt under the seat (it is long enough)
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Any more comments after having it a few weeks? I'm fighting the urge to get this over the KDC-MP928. All I'm REALLY after is the ipod control. But if I get the single DIN, I still have to get something to fill the rest of the hole. Seems like this deck would take care of THAT dilema.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

Impressed!

I like it.... it took me all of Wednesday night to get it in for some reason (probably because I've never installed a car stereo myself before), but when it powered on I was lovin it. I have two kids, and they watch from the back seat.... probably later on I'll see if I can get some monitors installed in the back head rest (what little there is). I would probably recommend tinting your windows if you don't have it already... a little bit of a glare issue when the sun hits it. All in all, I'm definitely IMPRESSED. I'll see if I can post some pic's of it some time this week, if anyone is interested in seeing it.... it basically looks like the one's posted on here already.

im thinking of putting another one for dem back seater riders too put im thinking 10 flip down haha .. maybe if not then a 7 inch kenwood .. glasd you liek it i loved mine and still love it from day to day

Thanks for the updates. I am always interested in more pictures if you can get em. You guys are making this dilema even harder for me.

What did you all do for amps/speakers? I already have a PPI Amp and JL sub. I really don't want to mount/wire another amp for door speakers, so my current plan is to get some low end door speakers to bypass the goofy way Subaru wired the front components. Looking at Infiniti Reference series. I have the spacers to put 6.5's in the front and 5.25's in the back. Just run them off the head to start and if I end up wanting more I can always add another amp and wire it all up. Either way, getting rid of the crappy bass-cut the stock head seems to impose as the volume goes up will make all the difference in the world!
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

I never even thought about putting different speakers, to be honest..... but now that you brought it up, I am probably gonna research that as well!

is this unit compatable with ipod

Yeah, you need to buy the interface thing. Another $70-100.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

cool sounds awsome, but will it be easy to navigate throw ur songs and menu, i am sure the touch screen will help but just the way its set up is,

I'll tell ya late next week.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by randy98mtu
    I'll tell ya late next week.

please let us know, take some pic's

Bah. I ordered it all from etronics, and the deck was suddenly not in stock. So I lost a few days there. Last night I tried another place, but they didn't have the ipod interface or the wiring harness. So I ordered those from Crutchfield, who already shipped. The flipping DDX hasn't shipped yet. This is getting frustrating. I hope is ships tomorrow.
    '04 JBP Wagon 5MT

So how do you put CDs/DVDs in it does teh display flip down? or do you need a changer?
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

Quote Originally Posted by slavboy1
    So how do you put CDs/DVDs in it does teh display flip down? or do you need a changer?

of my understanding the screen flips down. wow sorry to hear about the screen out of stock hope it ships soon man, good luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast