HELP- Airbag light? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on HELP- Airbag light? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just swapped 04 Sti seats into my 06 WRX. What a pain the connectors were and what a pain ...

I just swapped 04 Sti seats into my 06 WRX. What a pain the connectors were and what a pain to swap electronics including the under seat occupant sensor. I can't believe those connectors could come loose they were almost impossible to get apart.
    Last edited by LIV 2 RLY; 08-29-2006 at 11:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this was definately what was cauing my airbag light. i went out and jiggled the wires, restarted the car, and now no light. i plan on getting back under to tape them together tighter. i will say that mine did not feel like they were aparts, just that they were loose or jiggling a little in the sockets.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Quote Originally Posted by LIV 2 RLY
    I just swapped 04 Sti seats into my 06 WRX. What a pain the connectors were and what a pain to swap electronics including the under seat occupant sensor. I can't believe those connectors could come loose they were a pain to get apart.

I wouldn't be surprised if Subaru got wise to the problem with the connectors in the 04 models and revised the tolerances for the newer models; hence why yours fit properly, and ours jiggle.

The electronics in the seat are so different from 04 to 06 that it doesn't really apply anyway. The connectors were different though, except for the actual airbag module. I still cant believe SOA would use tape to fix the connectors. Let me know if you have any specific questions I will do my best to answer. After the seat swap I feel like I have a phd in Subaru seat design

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    I wouldn't be surprised if Subaru got wise to the problem with the connectors in the 04 models and revised the tolerances for the newer models; hence why yours fit properly, and ours jiggle.
    no kidding, right?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.