Replacing Shift Knob, Glue or Tape? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Replacing Shift Knob, Glue or Tape? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not sure what your status is (i.e. if the stock nob will even fit) but I'd just get a steel ...

Not sure what your status is (i.e. if the stock nob will even fit) but I'd just get a steel wire brush and have at it. Excellent method of mechanically removing crap, and will make it shiney too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From what I can tell you have a Subaru STi Short Throw shifter. Looking at pics online it has what looks like the same Gold colored ****er and the linkage as well. Stock linkage is painted a grey/black color.

See here http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...+throw+shifter

I couldn't say where the goo came from but just get it off there and get the new knob on.

Yeah, looks like the STi short throw. Short shifter arms made for the stock shifter will not fit.

P.S. Before scrubbing on it with a steel wire brush (and potentially damaging the threads), you might want to try a stiff nylon brush, or a copper brush, if the nylon won't do it. Just plan it either soaking off whatever gets stuck to the brush, or better yet, tossing the brush in the trash. i.e. Buy a cheap brush.
    Last edited by Jörg; 08-14-2005 at 10:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12