Accessing cigarette lighter wires.

This is a discussion on Accessing cigarette lighter wires. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How do I get at the cigarette lighter wires in my 2002 WRX? I took both of the top center ...

Accessing cigarette lighter wires.

How do I get at the cigarette lighter wires in my 2002 WRX? I took both of the top center console pieces out but I'm not sure what else I have to do to get at the wires.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by verbal
    How do I get at the cigarette lighter wires in my 2002 WRX? I took both of the top center console pieces out but I'm not sure what else I have to do to get at the wires.

Thanks.
    I removed whole shifter console, right down to the carpet, and the ashtray. Then I snaked my skinny fingers up in there and unplugged it. It was a tight fit and I had to use The Force because I couldn't see anything. I didn't touch the upper console panels or bezels or anything.

I was tapping it for a low current 12V source, and mounted my terminal strip in the shifter console.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Quote Originally Posted by dielectric
    I removed whole shifter console, right down to the carpet, and the ashtray. Then I snaked my skinny fingers up in there and unplugged it. It was a tight fit and I had to use The Force because I couldn't see anything. I didn't touch the upper console panels or bezels or anything.

I was tapping it for a low current 12V source, and mounted my terminal strip in the shifter console.
    After removing the top parts of the center console, how do you remove the base part?

Quote Originally Posted by verbal
    After removing the top parts of the center console, how do you remove the base part?
    So, the top parts just pull off, then look for four regular screws. There are two in the shifter area, and two more back in the storage compartment. I was sort of surprised, but at least it's quick.
    ribonucleic acid freakout