FIA Approved Seats

This is a discussion on FIA Approved Seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What seats are FIA approved (crash testing)? The only ones I know of offhand are Recaro and Sparco. What about ...

FIA Approved Seats

What seats are FIA approved (crash testing)? The only ones I know of offhand are Recaro and Sparco. What about Corbeau?
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Bride
    I think Cobra might be too.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I know Bride aren't.

Also is FIA approval only for fixed seats or reclinable as well? And is the FIA approval only for racing purposes or also for street crash testing?
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    "TECHNOLOGY FOR SAFETY" We concentrate on safety, to enhance our sports seats to perform better. Every sport seat goes through various crash tests to conform with the safety standard of Japanese circuit racing: F.I.A. OFFICIAL-HOMOLOGATION.
    http://tees-usa.com/information.html
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

And Momo and OMP and Racetech. Even then, not all their seats are FIA legal. You'll need to check individual models.

FIA is only relevant to competition, though it should suit you if you want to go street crash testing

I Support ClubWRX
    Individual models have to be looked for FIA approved or not...fixed doesn't mean it is FIA approved, reclinable doesn't mean it's not.

There are many companies out there. There are no such thing really as what seat is better. The best seat is the one that's comfortable for you(snug, not tight, but obviously not loose) and provides a nice driving position in the individual car. Side mounts(for fixed) are usually interchangeable between brands as well.

Fiberglass and carbon and similar fiber seats are meant to give more than steel frame in the event of a crash. As of current, I believe Sparco is the only carbon seat maker that cures them in the oven....basically it's probably irrelevant to most people.
    Last edited by schischwein; 08-08-2005 at 09:44 PM.