new interior colors - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on new interior colors within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Those kits don't look bad at all! Some of the pics look like they didn't fit the leather on quite ...

Those kits don't look bad at all! Some of the pics look like they didn't fit the leather on quite right, but with a bit of patience, I think that it would look awesome. I know that I don't want to get the blue inserts for the seats, but it's nice that you are able to pick and choose your colors. Pretty neato!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that nsx interior looks a TON like my father's old 93 legend coupe. i loved that car to death.

dR

Blue sti carpet is about 240 shipped, new from Subarugenuineparts.com part number 95011fe052ba . As far as the door cards, you can get some blue ultrasuede for around 40 bux from Denver fabrics and do all of the doors. Redline goods will make leather shift and ebrake boots in just about any color boot/stitch combination that you can imagine. Blue floormats are around 90 bux from Mastro for all 4 with sti embroidered in pink on them. All total, around 350 bux to do just about everything but the seats. This is all if you want to do a blue interior. I am in the process of doing this now. I have the carpet waiting to be installed, I have the floormats, the shift boot is on the way, and I have color swatches ordered to match up the door panels. I may do them in suede.

My car is psm also.
    Last edited by rickyh; 08-12-2005 at 01:07 AM.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    sweet, i'll have to look into those web sites. Right now, I'm still leaning towards the leather seats with blue inserts from ATD1. Can you post some pics once you get everything installed?

Sure. I did the carpet today. It took about two and a half hours. Not hard at all. The blue looks sooooo much better. My wife and kids really liked it. I'll try to get some pics of the carpet up this weekend. I'm gonna do the door cards in ultrasuede next, I just have to match the color and order a yard of material. That leather really does look good. Get it with blue seat inserts and sti carpet and it would look great, IMHO.

eager to see some pics.....

I was thinking something along the same lines.

My plans would both be shop work, not self work.

Anyway, have a shop put some leather accents on the seats (like make the side bolsters red, I run a CGM). I think it'd look nice with a red accent there, and then some red on the door panels.

Or...that red leather with black interior looks HOT. Obviously that's way more expensive, but you can get some nice leather and it'd look sweet.

One question that's been nagging me about this. How does modding the fabric/adding leather affect airbag deployment and function?

From what I've heard on these forums, the leather door panels won't affect the airbag deployment. But, you can't always believe what you hear. Before you put some leather there, I would ask the Subaru dealership or the leather manufacturer if it will affect the airbags. However the guys at ATD1 say that the leather inserts for the panels that come with their kits have no negative affects on the airbag.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    From what I've heard on these forums, the leather door panels won't affect the airbag deployment. But, you can't always believe what you hear. Before you put some leather there, I would ask the Subaru dealership or the leather manufacturer if it will affect the airbags. However the guys at ATD1 say that the leather inserts for the panels that come with their kits have no negative affects on the airbag.
    Sorry, I should have specified. What I meant was the side airbags in the seats. I didn't think to check on the door panels, but I'll do that as well. I'm more worried about the seats because that's where the airbags reside.

Thanks for the info.

all black leather = luxury interior

People are so surprised when they get into my car, and they are comfortable as hell.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

do u have any pics? this dude on cardomain, DieselClown i think, he has black leather with black cloth inserts.

here you go, its not a great pic because of the sun at the time of the pic but you get the idea. the door cards are leather too.

<=====my old baby

that looks nice! I'm guessin you bought it from ATD1 right?

nope, i am pretty sure it was a dealer option by the original dealership. I got the car used, but on the original sticker it included the leather and heated seats. it is possible though that the dealership got it through them.

<=====my old baby

if got this pic from ATD1's photo gallery. it looks pretty much the same, they have some nice interiors in their gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx_dkdraphite_ltGrey.jpeg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast