6 disc cd changer

This is a discussion on 6 disc cd changer within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i got this new car and everythings cool bout it except for the cd player/ radio. -seems theres a ...

6 disc cd changer

so i got this new car and everythings cool bout it except for the cd player/ radio.

-seems theres a cd in the changer cause i cant put one in there

-it wont go into cd mode

-and when its off and i turn the car on it sounds like its shuffling through cd's till i turn on the radio

-when i do hit eject it makes the sound for a short short moment like its trying to eject a cd. but no luck

any help would be great. hopefully get it fixed for free before i have to take it in.

btw this is out of my 03 subaru wrx case someones wondering the details on model and all if you know that far into it

radio and everything works fine i just wanna get some cd's goin hopefully sometime.

btw i do live in the Bellevue / Omaha NE area so if you can help me out here that'd be great too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the same problem in my brand new MY05. There is nothing that I know of that you can do except replace the head unit. The reason that it is making those sounds is because the cd changer is broken. Maybe if you are lucky Subaru will replace it, otherwise look at getting an aftermarket stereo. Good luck!

go back to your dealership and tell them you were too sexy for the car and the CD player blew up cuz of it
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

im having the same problem

IF yr car is still under warranty, subaru should replace it. They replaced mine like a year ago, the cd player just stopped working, only radio would work.
    Good luck,
    Alex g.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

If its not under warranty id be happy to sell you mine. Only had it in my car for half a year when i purschased it. I have a 04 so it should fit any year.