Winter Floor Mats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Winter Floor Mats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone found a good set of rubber floor mats, that would handle a Chicago winter, for a manual WRX?...

Question Winter Floor Mats

Has anyone found a good set of rubber floor mats, that would handle a Chicago winter, for a manual WRX?
    It's not a damn beanbag!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I found a decent set of the thick, heavy grey floormats at Pep Boys. Not slippery when wet and they have parts that you can cut out to fit right. The only thing I had to cut was for the dead pedal, and i actually had to cut more out to fit around the trunk & gas tank latches. But other than that, they fit perfectly.

Why not just get the rubber mats from Subaruparts.com. They fit great look good and hold a lot of water/snow/ice

I thought about the mats from Subaruparts.com but they didn't look like they'd hold much water from the pictures they showed of the sidewalls.
    It's not a damn beanbag!

They're deeper than they look.

I have them in my Car and I love them. They are very deep. Deeper then anythign I have seen in any store that is for sure. I woudl say they are abotu a half inches think. Plenty of room for snow unless you shovel it in.

I got these:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...tem_group_id=3

They work for both the sean and wagon. They do not make a rear one, but they do sell a universal one that you can cut to fit the trunk. Link:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...em_group_id=28

I can post pics if you guys want, so far it is working out pretty damn good

Originally posted by WR Xilr8
    I thought about the mats from Subaruparts.com but they didn't look like they'd hold much water from the pictures they showed of the sidewalls.
    They do. They lasted through a full Seattle winter, I'm a snowboard instructor and get around 40 days on the hill per year. I love mine.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

I Support ClubWRX
    Has anyone considered stripping out the carpets and maybe put rubber mats(solely for a little grip)? This way, you simply wipe down the area with a cloth. Another solution could be using Rhinoliner or similar. Am I crazy....?? Perhaps

Rhino-lining isnt crazy. I know a buddy of mine who 'line-x'd his whole jeep floor. All he has to do is hose it out when its dirty. its pretty cool.

I have the OEM Rubber floor mats. They are deeply grooved and look as if they can hold lots of gunk from your shoes or boots. (I always tap my shoes/boots off in the winter before I get in to the car.)

I'm not sure if people keep there carpeted floor mats in place and just throw the rubber floor mats over them but the only thing I didn't like about the OEM rubber floor mats was that they barely cover the original carpeted floor mats and the carpeted floor mats barely cover the carpet.

.....I know I'm being nit picky.

I would of liked to see a bit wider and longer version from Subaru. (I guess I'm that anal about keeping my floors on a salt free diet over winter)

BTW, I got mine here:
    http://www.1stsubaruparts.com/catalo...roducts_id=133 ... They had an "employee pricing sale" going on at the time I bought them, I got lots of other OEM Subaru stuff there also.

Thanks for the help. 1stsubaruparts.com had some good prices so I also picked up a K&N drop in there
    It's not a damn beanbag!

I really like my Subaru rubber mats. They are very deep and cover most of the carpet underneath. They are so deep that if you wear winter boot/shoes with significant tread the tread on your soles can get caught in the grooves of the mats. I just threw mine on top of the existing mats and they stay in place and don't slide around. I got so used to them that I left them in for the summer too. I think that they were about $40 from the local dealer.

Dale

I have the Subaru factory set...
    I didn't like the thickness on the driver side, but if you remove the factory mat the rubber ones will slide under the clutch...
    so I did this...
    http://webpages.charter.net/baraboo_...mats/loop.html
    It's stock... honest it is.

?wana race?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by schischwein
    Has anyone considered stripping out the carpets and maybe put rubber mats(solely for a little grip)? This way, you simply wipe down the area with a cloth. Another solution could be using Rhinoliner or similar. Am I crazy....?? Perhaps
    Well, I do like my carpeting, but not so much that I'd rather have it safe and sound in my garage than in my car. It just doesn't halp me much in my garage. I'd rather have it destroyed in the car.

Plus, your carpets are made of neither sugar nor salt - a little water and dirt doesn't really hurt 'em.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast