So what the hell am I gonna do about this, steering wheel flaking.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on So what the hell am I gonna do about this, steering wheel flaking. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2002 WRX. 18k miles. It's like flaking off. You just grab the wheel and your hands are all full of ...

So what the hell am I gonna do about this, steering wheel flaking.

2002 WRX. 18k miles. It's like flaking off. You just grab the wheel and your hands are all full of black leathery speckles...

Ideas? Warranty?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P7310012 (Medium).JPG  
    WRB WRX: Super 16g Equipped
    www.BrotSpec.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dayum. that sucks. go to pep boys or autozone and get one of thoes steering wheel wraps. my dad got one for his truck and it feels nice. especially on a hot day, the steering wheel doesnt get so hot.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Def warranty. Just bring it to the dealer where you bought it and complain and what not till they give you a new one. Or maybe find a used one on here or nastysock for cheap?
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Def warranty. Just bring it to the dealer where you bought it and complain and what not till they give you a new one. Or maybe find a used one on here or nastysock for cheap?
    Uncle Lewie
    I'm thinking so too. I have to go in and get the seat recall done... plus I have the extended warranty too so this shouldnt be a big deal...
    www.BrotSpec.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-o
    I'm thinking so too. I have to go in and get the seat recall done... plus I have the extended warranty too so this shouldnt be a big deal...
    An good auto upholstery shop might be able to re-cover it if the Subaru dealer lets you down.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Uncle Lewie
    they would probably deny the warranty if they find mods. heh. my friend has a kia and they denied his warranty because he changed the shift knob and they said that the new shift knob messed up the shifting. he is currently writing an argument on paper (english major) to present to kia about the shift knob dillema

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    they would probably deny the warranty if they find mods. heh. my friend has a kia and they denied his warranty because he changed the shift knob and they said that the new shift knob messed up the shifting. he is currently writing an argument on paper (english major) to present to kia about the shift knob dillema
    Ummm he didnt modify his steering wheel in this case? so how would they deny his warranty? Technically they can only deny you warranty work if the modification you have made to your car alters the part that you are getting fixed. Heck if they find a huge downpipe on his car (didnt read his modlist) they cant say "hey no steering wheel, you have a aftermarket downpipe!." It doesnt work like that. I know of other cases where people have gotten their wheels replaced by SOA because of un-stitching and discolor.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I Support ClubWRX
    Listen carefully.....Mr. Liberace, in order for the leather not to be abrased in such a manner, you should take off the 10 rings from your fingers and thumbs.

No seriously, do you clean the leather with a particular solution/wipe?

Quote Originally Posted by schischwein
    Listen carefully.....Mr. Liberace, in order for the leather not to be abrased in such a manner, you should take off the 10 rings from your fingers and thumbs.

No seriously, do you clean the leather with a particular solution/wipe?
    The occasional armor all...

I don't wear any jewelry not even a watch
    www.BrotSpec.com

I don't wear any jewelry not even a watch
    It might be the armor all dude. I have heard from long time users that it has been drying out peoples dashes as well. That is just hearsay tho.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

sid
    Damn mang, what were you picking at it? My 02 steering wheel still looks brand new and I've never put anything on it.

You mean regular Armor All? That stuff's not supposed to be used on leather. (It's arguable whether you should use it even on vinyl.)

I'd say take it to Subaru, don't tell them that you used Armor All, get it replaced, and keep the Armor All away from it in the future. You shouldn't be using Armor All on the steering wheel, no matter what. It's just not safe. It's too slippery.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes...armor all or similar dry out the leather. The only thing to use on leather is condition cream...and even that is not needed much on the steering wheel.

subaru will probably deny the warranty under wear and tear....
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

Possibly, but I'd give it a shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast