Stock Stereo Display Illumination Issue?

This is a discussion on Stock Stereo Display Illumination Issue? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02 WRX. Just last night I noticed something weird, but I'm not sure if it's always been ...

Stock Stereo Display Illumination Issue?

I have an 02 WRX. Just last night I noticed something weird, but I'm not sure if it's always been this way or if I have a problem.

When the headlights are off, I know that odometer, clock, and stereo display are still lit. When you turn the headlights on everything else lights up.

When the headlights are off, is the stereo display lit brightly or is it dimmed? I just noticed yesterday that if I have my headlights off, it's lightly dimmed. But when I turn my headlights on, it gets much brighter. I swore that it always used to be bright but I'm not sure if I've just noticed this or if I have a problem. Can anyone verify this for me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats normal...and when you turn your headlights on your clock should dim, when they're off it should be brighter then when they're on

Quote Originally Posted by wrx slob
    thats normal...and when you turn your headlights on your clock should dim, when they're off it should be brighter then when they're on
    I know the clock dims, but I wasn't sure about the radio.

yeah radio does too, its normal

I'm not sure if you understand. My radio gets BRIGHTER when I turn the headlights on. It's dim when the headlights AREN'T on.