Need HELP finishing S2000 start button... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Need HELP finishing S2000 start button... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; it's up above on post #4...

it's up above on post #4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by djerickd
    it's up above on post #4

yup, I stand corected
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

thanks for helping!!!

I just remembered something odd, when I pushed the button, and the clutch not depressed, it seemed like all the indicator lights turned off, does the key switch do that when you don't depress the clutch pedal?

i dnt meen to be a **** or sound stupid but... u do know that unless you disconnected the wire from the clutch then you still have to press the clutch in to start the car right? and another thing is that if your car is turning over when you hit the button that meens you connected the power, ground, and ignition right.... but you may not have the (constant power when key is in on position) hooked up right...
    whats a signature?

you mus have the clutch pedal pressed down all the way to start the car
    whats a signature?

I KNOW THAT, I was just stating that for trouble shooting purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    if your car is turning over when you hit the button that meens you connected the power, ground, and ignition right.... but you may not have the (constant power when key is in on position) hooked up right...
    thats what I may have wrong, I will double check. I bet I've just got 2 wires crossed

figured it out:

85 Ground
    87 tap into 12+ constant in the main IGN harness...changes from black/white to white (use heavy gauge, 12 Gauge)
    86 From start lead on S2000 button (can use 18 gauge)
    30 tap into starter wire in the main IGN harness....changes from black/yellow to white/black (use 12 gauge)

Thats it! Thanks to broadfield from NASIOC!

Congratulations!!! Can you post a few pics of your button location and how it looks? This was a mod I planned on last year and never got started with. I may do it yet this summer. Now if I need help, I'll PM you. I was planning on using the start button from the BMW Z4. However that button was 80 or 90 dollars. How much for the s2000 button?
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~
    Name of wagon: GO GO Yubari

yeah man no problem I can help you, my button was $35 shipped off eBay. thats about the going rate...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.