Question about indiglo/reverse indiglo guages... *pics*
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Question about indiglo/reverse indiglo guages... *pics* within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have read a couple threads about certain ones that hurt your eyes after a while when driving at night.... ...

Question about indiglo/reverse indiglo guages... *pics*

i have read a couple threads about certain ones that hurt your eyes after a while when driving at night.... can any one tell me what ones are easier on you eyes at night???

the lite numbers ones seems that it would be eaiser on the eyes... plus i like the look of them more.

VS these ones....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the daker the better right? Id never put any onf those gauges in my subie though

MAYBE SOMETHING LIKE THIS
    http://paul.socaleuro.com/audi/galle..._gauge/002.jpg
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

I had indiglo gauges in my last car that where like the second picture.
    If they where set to Blue it hurt my eyes, but when they where set to Green they where very easy on my eyes.

I don't have any experiance with the first selection, but I really don't like blue in the gauges, red or green are much easier on the eyes.

I'm trying to get Speedhut.com to make a set of Indiglo gauges for the 04+ WRX.
    Hopefully my Rex will sport indiglo gauges by the end of the year

The first ones are considered reverse indiglo and the second ones are considered normal indiglo. I had reverse indiglo on my corolla and they were great. I kinda think the wrx doesnt need them though because the gauges are already pretty cool.
    Andrew

Never quit. Never do the expected. Never follow.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/wrxrolla

I have these reverse indiglo gauges in my wrx. I have not had any issues with them what so ever. They also came with a switch that switches the color to more of a green to match the wrx interior lighting colors. They are very easy on the wallet as well. Call me ricer or whatever but I'm always lookin for somethin to look different from every other suby.
    reverse indiglo gauges
    other gauges
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

I had those on my last car. After 3 days I ripped them out because they were so annoying. Not only are they too bright and screwed up my night vision, they reflected off the windshield, off the door windows, and off the read window, so everywhere you looked, you saw bright reflection of your gauges...combined with tint that REALLY sucked.

never again.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I had those on my last car. After 3 days I ripped them out because they were so annoying. Not only are they too bright and screwed up my night vision, they reflected off the windshield, off the door windows, and off the read window, so everywhere you looked, you saw bright reflection of your gauges...combined with tint that REALLY sucked.

never again.
    wow....i don't have any of those problems

Pics and Mods

never again.
    i really dont think the wrx dash will allow refection off the wind shield, cause the gauges sit back pretty far in the dash, and theres that visor type thing over the whole guage cluster...

i think i will proly go with the reverse guages... and one know of any tutorials on how to install these?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXmex
    I have these reverse indiglo gauges in my wrx. I have not had any issues with them what so ever. They also came with a switch that switches the color to more of a green to match the wrx interior lighting colors. They are very easy on the wallet as well. Call me ricer or whatever but I'm always lookin for somethin to look different from every other suby.
    reverse indiglo gauges
    other gauges

those are dead sexy... i think i might get those...

was it hard to install...?
    Last edited by PDXrex; 07-21-2005 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDXrex
    those are dead sexy... i think i might get those...

was it hard to install...?
    Hell yea they're sexy! You should see all the compliments i get from these gauges The gauges are overlays so install is not too complicated. Unfortunately you do need to splice a few wires, so i just went tot the local best buy for installation. They were done in about 15 minutes and only cost $15

Pics and Mods

I actually like the custom ones they make that are BLACK durring the day and glow blue/green at night...those might be nice. If, in fact only the numbers glow, and there are no spots in the middle where the needle is, they might not be blinding. Anyone have one like that? I'd love to see what that looks like....All black gauge with indiglo numbers.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    the daker the better right? Id never put any onf those gauges in my subie though

MAYBE SOMETHING LIKE THIS
    http://paul.socaleuro.com/audi/galle..._gauge/002.jpg

those look great...I wonder of those are the "custom" ones you can order from Speedhut.com
    go f*** yourself

those look great...I wonder of those are the "custom" ones you can order from Speedhut.com
    damn those do look good!

Pics and Mods

the thing that really bothers me about indiglos is

1) white faces
    2) all that area under the needle that lights up and makes WAY too much light
    3) they're much too bright.
    go f*** yourself

Splicing?

I purchased these gauges

You said you had to splice yours in - any instructions on which wires to hook to? Mine have the same issue. They are overlays, with a power switch, that I need to hook into the lighting system.

Thanks,
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.