Drivers window switch/ window falls

This is a discussion on Drivers window switch/ window falls within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, about 2 weeks ago my driver's side window switch stopped working. the other three work in the cluster. ...

Question Drivers window switch/ window falls

Hey guys, about 2 weeks ago my driver's side window switch stopped working. the other three work in the cluster. Just not the drivers. Also, the window falls on its own about 2". I can pick it up and drive around but road vibs make it drop slowly. I need help guys. Thanks in advance. If anyone in Tucson can help, let me know! Jeff.
    Oh, It's an 02 wagon.
    Jeff R.
    2002 wrb wrx wagon
    1989 Jeep Cherokee
    and a stable full of bicycles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Free bump for similar prob, anybody?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

my bet is an electrical short, perhaps in a ground wire. I've seen the same problem on another car and there was a ground wire that had worn through and was causing the problem. As for the window dropping, my money is on the slide the window runs on. I'd open up the door and you could probobly solve that one in short order.
    from the outside looking in you don't understand from the inside looking out you can't explaine