Help w/shift knob

This is a discussion on Help w/shift knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently installed a momo air leather shifter that I purchased from my dealer. When the knob is threaded on ...

Help w/shift knob

I recently installed a momo air leather shifter that I purchased from my dealer. When the knob is threaded on tightly, the momo logo is upside down. Can I peel off the logo, tighten the knob as necessary and then re-glue the logo? Or is there a simpler way of doing this?

EDIT: When the knob feels "tight", can I still continue to force it another ~half turn? How easily do the thread strip on these things?
    Last edited by ProEnginePower; 07-18-2005 at 07:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you could just get some threadlocker and put it where you want it and let it dry... but sooner or later it might break loose but you could give it a try.... great avatar by the way
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Problem solved.

After putting a little muscle into it, i was able to get it one full turn tighter, so now the knob fits perfect. Apparently, even though it felt tight, it could still go a little more.