Door Switches Pt.2

This is a discussion on Door Switches Pt.2 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, a while back I made a post about wiring underbody neons to my doors (both front & rear) Well, ...

Door Switches Pt.2

OK, a while back I made a post about wiring underbody neons to my doors (both front & rear)

Well, yesterday I mounted the drivers side neon and put the ground to the door switch and power to the battery (for testing perposes only) ... Well when I did my test (open and close) it worked perfectly ...

However ...

This is where things took a turn for the worse ... When I wired up the rear door rear and did my testing of opening and closing the doors ... everything again worked fine ...

Example (Driver Door Open / Rear Door Closed Light Comes on, Driver Door Closed / Rear Door Open Light Comes on, Both Door Open Light Comes on, Both Doors Closed Light Goes Off)

But when I all Doors Closed and I open the passenger side door ... the neon comes (and it shouldn't ...) Each neon should work independently basided on its side ... When I did some further testing, I noticed that when I unhook the rear door switch ... The problem goes away ... So only the drivers side door will turn the neon on and off ... Leaving me to believe that the rear door makes everything ground ... And I can't figure out a way to over come this issue ...

The diagram below shows the door switches ... can anybody help me design a circut that will achieve what I'm trying to do ...

Thanks in advance ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good luck
    whats a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by stvWRX
    wiring underbody neons to my doors (both front & rear)...
    This is where things took a turn for the worse

yeah, laugh now ... but when its done ... its going to be cool ...

And BTW, if you ppl don't have anything good to say ... stop POST WHORING ...

-S

Seems like a pretty cool idea. Good luck.
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1