accessport mounting

This is a discussion on accessport mounting within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anybody ever mount the accessport?? i wanna make something to hold it while im using it to monitor boost levels ...

Question accessport mounting

anybody ever mount the accessport?? i wanna make something to hold it while im using it to monitor boost levels and stuff. Note: i dont wanna leave it mounted in the car. Just need something that looks nice while i have it in the car. Any ideas???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just jam mine into the cubby hole in front of the shifter. Of course it comes flying out when I take the corners fast. They should make some type of mounting bracket.

mount it in between your crotch and the seat

Hey i was just thinkin about mounting options on friday night...u can pull out your cup holder and put it in there...but it slides around easily. Maybe there could be a way to use a "cup" of sorts withe a groove in the top in order for the AP to sit in.

Quote Originally Posted by caz5511
    Hey i was just thinkin about mounting options on friday night...u can pull out your cup holder and put it in there...but it slides around easily. Maybe there could be a way to use a "cup" of sorts withe a groove in the top in order for the AP to sit in.

thats exactly what i do, but when i pull, it just slides right out and extends the cupholder.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

ive heard of modifying a cell phone holder somehow. Anybody ever try this?? Thats pry what ill try.

velcro or adhesive tape....... might work just like a turbo timer... iuno just a idea still thinking of getting a accessport////

Quote Originally Posted by a03subaruwrx
    velcro or adhesive tape....... might work just like a turbo timer... iuno just a idea still thinking of getting a accessport////
    Thats what I did. I got some industrial strength velcro and have the AP attatched in front of the cupholder. That way you can take it off whenever you want. The only thing you have to watch out for is not mounting it too low or else you wont be able to get CDs in or out. I will post pics.

Velcro = $2.00

You could also use a PSP mount off of Ebay I am sure. They have a couple different styles I have seen. One that is a arm that mounts to your seat bracket and the arm reaches up next to the shifter and the other is one that hooks onto your vent. If it fits the PSP it should fit the Accessport.
    Last edited by fino22; 07-18-2005 at 02:35 PM.
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

this guy made one out of a cell phone holder that was pretty nice. doesnt look like the pics are up anymore (for me at least) but im sure you could PM him

Accessport Frame/pod mod V1.1