Install kartboy short shifter

This is a discussion on Install kartboy short shifter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i installed the kb ss and i am very happy with it. i need to put the bearins in now ...

Install kartboy short shifter

i installed the kb ss and i am very happy with it. i need to put the bearins in now but the shifter it great. i have one questions though. when i installed the shifter i rubbed up against the metal plate when i was in first gear. i tried to move it to the left to get some clearance but to no avail. i decided to take the whole thing out and put the bolts in the rubber piece. is this ok or should i try to put the metal piece back?
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

from what i have heard people do is you file or cut at the spot where it makes contact so it wont touch anymore. I am not sure if it is needed or not but if it wasnt needed i dont think people would waste their time modifying it.
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    i decided to take the whole thing out and put the bolts in the rubber piece. is this ok or should i try to put the metal piece back?
    I am not exactly sure what you did. But what you should do is take the metal plate and rotate it 180 degrees, and then bend the random little tabs upwards so it fits. The area that had contact in first is now near reverse.

Edit: It will look like this