Turbo Timer flaw revealed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo Timer flaw revealed within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I posted this in I-club, and they are down so I can't cut and paste damnit. But here goes. I ...

Exclamation Turbo Timer flaw revealed

I posted this in I-club, and they are down so I can't cut and paste damnit. But here goes. I will add a link when I-club is up.

I out in an HKS TT. I used the harness, and ran the other wires to the ECU, and e-brake as instructed. I have the security upgrade and cut the two wires and taped them off as instructed. Everything works great with one flaw

If you've ever had to use your key to open the door with alarm set you know the alarm goes off, and you gotta jump in and turn the key in the ignition fore and aft like 3 times in 5 secs.

Well now that doesn't work. You can push the alarm remote button though which is fine UNLESS:

What if you go somewhere, set the alarm and when you come out your remote's battery has died. You have to use your key to open the car, but when you do the alarm comes on. You can't stop it with the key, and the remote is dead. Your car is diabled for "theft" and you can't get home.

Somebody knows how to solve this problem.. but it damn sure aint me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If your keyfob is dead turn off your TT. My Blitz TT has to have the ingition on for a few seconds before it takes over. Meaning I can do the alarm trick without it interfering.

Good Luck
    Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

This is when the TT is off.. even hours after the car been shut down by the TT.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.