Rattling near speedo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rattling near speedo within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ive got a terrible rattling in my cabin that seems to be near my speedo at higher speeds, near 70ish. ...

Rattling near speedo

ive got a terrible rattling in my cabin that seems to be near my speedo at higher speeds, near 70ish.

its at the dealer getting an oil change so i figured id have them look at it because next thing you know theyre gonna be pissed i went into the dash myself to check things out.

thing is, they said they cant touch it unless they can reproduce the sound. so if they take it for 5 minutes on the freeway they might not hear it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A couple weaks ago I was getting a rattle when I was up to speed, and it sounded like it was coming from around the top of the back seat on the passenger side. It turned out the ashtray wasn't in all the way and was rattling. I still don't know how it sounded like it was coming from behind me. The back seat isn't anywhere near the speedo, but I just thought I'd throw it out there, 'cause you never know.
    Gilligan

ive already checked everything obvious

There was a TSB about a speedo rattle on the Forester, maybe it's the same problem?

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5276
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

I have found that my button in the cruise control rattles like a mo-fo. When i take it in, I'll have them look at it..... try putting your finger over the button and see if that helps.

-- Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy72233
    I have found that my button in the cruise control rattles like a mo-fo. When i take it in, I'll have them look at it..... try putting your finger over the button and see if that helps.

-- Dustin
    Same as me, I have an 05 and the cruise button rattles like crazy. So i would check that ASAP. and in an offnote, how can I fix it haha

Are you sure it's not the strip along the windshield with the defrost vents? I've fixed mine once and it's rattling again 20k later.

I had a rattle right on the plastic piece on the steering wheel. I tought it was the speedo too.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

wait why am I replying to this..hes already banned..unless hes back?
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.