Does this knob have a groove for the shift boot?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Does this knob have a groove for the shift boot? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can anyone tell me if this shift knob has a little groove so that the the shift boot stays up? ...

Does this knob have a groove for the shift boot?

Can anyone tell me if this shift knob has a little groove so that the the shift boot stays up?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ProEnginePower
    Can anyone tell me if this shift knob has a little groove so that the the shift boot stays up?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    I just got one, and yes it did have the plastic groove for the boot.

Beware that the metal part gets freakin' HOT in the sun.

Edit: It's $70 from subaruwrxparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    I just got one, and yes it did have the plastic groove for the boot.

Beware that the metal part gets freakin' HOT in the sun.

Edit: It's $70 from subaruwrxparts.com
    yea same thing with my skunk2 on my teg, just take a hat and put it over your knob when you park it, thats what i did.

Thanks!

Also, as far as intallation, do I basically just thread it on and slide the boot over? Or is there anything else I should do or watch out for?

Thanks again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Or you can leave the screw-on bottom cover off of the knob and pull the boot right up over the threads. Min has been like that for almost three years without sliding off. Take a look at the photo on the WRX link in my sig. It makes the boot sag less, and looks a little better, I think.

It does get hot! Even with the all leather the top circle burns on a hot day. And after you get it mounted and ready to put on the sticker, take off the sticky stuff they use, and put on some superglue. Mine got soft and moved around every time it got hot, and one day it was just gone. The replacements are really hard to find, and do not match the steering wheel center any more.

Enjoy!

[edit] Had to fix a typo, so I thought I'd just throw the photo here for you.

Last edited by smorris; 07-12-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

I have the same exact one. Just thread it it on and pull the boot up carefully.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Thanks, you guys have been a really big help.

One last thing. I have found this knob for $70 at both www.subaruparts.com and www.subaruwrxparts.com. Which merchant is better/faster/more reliable?

Thanks again.

I have ordered from subaruwrxparts and they were excellent. Can't vouch for the other one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.