removing stereo

This is a discussion on removing stereo within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; sorry this isnt quit on topic couldnt find where this would fit under, so you can move it as you ...

removing stereo

sorry this isnt quit on topic couldnt find where this would fit under, so you can move it as you feel it is best suited, anyways i was wondering how to remove the stock stereo since i want to add my own, so any help is greatly appreciated, oh yeah and another thing, i noticed everyone in a wrx that drives by me waves haha idk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you dont have previous experience, I really would not recommend it. Eventhough it is a straight out double din type of install. Otherwise: 1.remove the upper cup holder (two screws) and slide it out. 2. gently remove the silver plastic bezel around the radio and A/C controls. 3. Remove the SIX screws holding the radio in. Unplug the connector and antenna and the extra black ground wire (KEEP THAT, THERE IS A REASON WHY ITS THERE). now you can take the two brackets off the sides and attach it to the new radio. The harness is a different issue....have fun with that one.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

"Cockpit and Cabin" forum maybe?

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/a/

eh i did a search and figured it out, it was a hell of a lot easier then removing my stereo from my honda, thanks!!