Curious fan speeds

This is a discussion on Curious fan speeds within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I'm just curious as to how my fan speeds on my environmental control unit match up with everyone ...

Curious fan speeds

Hey everyone,
    I'm just curious as to how my fan speeds on my environmental control unit match up with everyone else's. On 1 it barely moves the air, on 2 I can feel some air slightly, 3 is slightly faster, and then on 4 it jumps to full blast . I just wish that I could feel the air without it being on full blast and making tons of noise. Does anyone else have this problem?
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is a suby what can you expect
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

Heh, it took me forever to figure out the finer points of the HVAC system. For the first week, I drove around with fogged up windows all the time.

I find that if the blower is set to blow at my feet and head, there isn't enough air volume to really feel windy. With just the dashboard vents, though, the 4 steps are pretty linear for me.

It used to be somewhat common for the resistor network in the fan control switch to burn up, but I've never seen anyone complain about it on the Subarus. For sure on Fords, and sometimes on Nissans. If that happened, you'd have some weird behavior on the blower, like full-ON or full-OFF and no in-between, or something like that.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Quote Originally Posted by dielectric
    I find that if the blower is set to blow at my feet and head, there isn't enough air volume to really feel windy. With just the dashboard vents, though, the 4 steps are pretty linear for me.
    you're right, if i have it set only on upper vents it is fairly linear. Thanks!
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II