$100 boost gauge?

This is a discussion on 0 boost gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there any way to get an accurate boost gauge and pod for around 0???...

$100 boost gauge?

Is there any way to get an accurate boost gauge and pod for around $100???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah. pick up a used one.

How easy is the installation of an OEM subaru boost gauge? There are some on ebay for <100.

I got my Defi D-series Boost Gauge at a local shop for $109. And I hear everyone say they are really accurate.

As for the OEM gauge, I have read posts about it not being very accurate. But I am not sure, it's just what I have heard.

The install is very easy. It just seems complicated at first until you actually know what you need to do.

Hm, I do like the idea of a Defi gauge. I have heard they are more accurate as well. I'm just not sure of the mounting solution. I don't really have any performance auto stores around me so I doubt anyone sells Defi. Are there any nice single pods besides suby gals?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXg33k
    Hm, I do like the idea of a Defi gauge. I have heard they are more accurate as well. I'm just not sure of the mounting solution. I don't really have any performance auto stores around me so I doubt anyone sells Defi. Are there any nice single pods besides suby gals?
    The vendor 'WRX Evolution' is selling the D-Series Boost Gauge for $107 with free shipping.
    All In-Stock Defi Gauges on Sale!!
    But you should go to http://www.wrxevolution.com/ and email them for a price, but referr to that thread. On their website, it comes out to $120 after shipping, but you might be able to get it cheaper.

As for single pods, the only ones I've seen is SubieGal's. It looks nice, but it costs $60-70. Some people have modified a universal A-Pillar pod (I think GReddy) to fit on a WRX, but I don't think it's worth the trouble. I think the cheapest/best solution is just get a universal mounting cup and either mount in on the steering column or the A-pillar like I did. My cup is from autometer, and you can get one at a Pepboys for $9. This is what it looks like from a side view. You can also get one in carbon fiber

depends on what kind of pods you're looking for. I'm a fan of just simple rings:
    http://www.autometer.com/cat_mounts.aspx?sid=49

I have the OEM gauge and i seem to like it. I don't know it seems accurate.
    I just don't like the small numbers
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

I Support ClubWRX
    Get a combination turbo timer with boost gauge and possibly other functions. Cheap, accurate electronic gauge and you don't even need a pod.

Blue EJ20 - now that I see your gauge from the side it looks pretty good. Do you have any night shots?

I don't have any of mine, sorry. But this is what it looks like:

As you can see, it's amber - not green. But oh well.
    I can take a picture tonight showing how all the gauges look when lit up, if you want me to.

Also, you can remove that litttle black trim so it will be all silver and match the stock gauges, but I personally think it looks better with the trim.

If you don't mind taking a pic that'd be great. I'd like to see how they all look together.

Here you go. Sorry, night shots without a tripod are teh sux0r

This one is a little better.

Thanks man! The gauge looks pretty good. I ordered one from 3XS for about $110 including shipping. I'm going to get a cup for it and mount it on the steering column I think. So my total should be around $130ish or less. Not too bad seeing that SOA wants $230 for the OEM one.