Airbag light resistor

This is a discussion on Airbag light resistor within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed some sweet jdm version 7 sti seats in my car this week. They do not have side airbags. ...

Airbag light resistor

I installed some sweet jdm version 7 sti seats in my car this week. They do not have side airbags. Now, because of that, my airbag warning light in the instrument cluster stayes on. Is there any type of resistor out there that I can put in to get rid of the light?

thanks guys
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lightbulb Airbag Question

Hey buddy - If you find out the answer to this question, let me know.

I'm dealing with another similar problem, but in my case my airbag computer was built for a car that had front and side bags and was installed in a car with only front bags. Kind of like yours. The computer is looking for side bags that aren't there - in your case.

Your car sees the sensors, tensioners etc. but not the side bags.

I assume what needs to be done is (1) either get a computer that only has front bag and front sensor inputs; or (2) figure out a way to make the existing computer happy by giving it a resistive load to test each time the car is started.

If you come across a airbag computer connector pin hook-up schematic, please send me a copy. With this, you should be able to address your airbag fault light.

Another question, have you pulled your airbag system fault codes? It might be a good idea, since you are troubleshooting a safety system. The ODB II interface will not give you these codes (I think) but the diagnostic connector will. A good dealer technician should be able to pull these for you. They might even do it for free, or you can hook up the LED test harness (which might require some do it yourself wiring)

Anyway, good luck on your search and drop me a mail if you find out anything. (I have PM'd you my personal address)

I'll email you if and when I come across info on this.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I think I'm almost positive I remember reading that it was a 3.3ohm resistor to turn the airbag light off when you are swapping seats. I havent done it personally, but I think thats what I remember seeing. G'luck!
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

It is a 3.3ohm resistor, make sure not to get 3.3k ohm resisitors.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)